• AMD Athlon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is your favorite brand of processor?

Intel or AMD Athlon?

I curently have all Intel PIII systems. But I have built two Athlon systems. One was for my sister and the other was for a good friend. They have been very reliable for them. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I must say, AMD has always been a favorite of mine. Especially because of mid range performance chip pricing. Although if your gonna build a high end system HT in the Intel chips is pretty awsome.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mine is AMD and I have had minimal problems with it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've had zero probs with my old dinosaur 733 P3.
Never had a chance to use an AMD. Maybe the next PC I build will have one. :boob

·
Registered
69 Posts
always used amd!
cheapper with nearly same results!!!!

dunno why people pay so much for the pentiums???

i am using an amd athlon 2000xp

·
Registered
995 Posts
always had intel.just brought SONY VAIO P4 LAPTOP,no prob's

·
looking for more curves
1,887 Posts
AMD becuase they do not over charge for their chips. Granted P4's are faster and all, the Athlon out-performs the P4 for the same money (sometimes less money).

·
Registered
35 Posts
AMD all the way... always been very reliable for me and most of the time you can overclock them more than a Pentium of the same speed to make it faster. Plus they're a hell of a lot cheaper

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Yep yep yep AMD all the way. less money for virtually the same product. If you can tell the difference in speed between a P4 running 2.4ghz and an AMD running at 2.1ghz, then you need to get out and ride.

check out www.newegg.com for good prices on puter parts. Its where I bought all my pieces to assemble my big box o'mystery at home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally I would have to say that it all depends on what you want it for. AMD is known for being better for gaming or atleast that is what I have read in numerous magazines. I will be building a new computer here in a day or three and pan on spending about $1600 for the tower. It is going to be an AMD with a Chieftek Case. I am sure it will be PIMPASS! But like I said in the beginning... it would all depend on what you want to use it for. Kinda like Windows and Linux.

X :usa

·
Registered
384 Posts
As Xeno said, It depends on what you are using it for...I've used both and I think for my purposes the Intel works best for me. But if you are into gaming and shit, I would say AMD is better.

I just built me a new P4 3.0 GHz system that just SMOKES!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Always gone for intel pentiums. I do alot of 3D work and audio composition too. Im using a P4 3.2gig porcessor at present. Will be building a home entertainment PC system soon, And I will building that based on a P4 as they seem to handle multimedia better. There really is not that much in the two companies, I guess its all down to personal preference. If I was to build a gaming system, the I would go for an AMD for sure.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have an Intel P4.

I choose AMD Athlon anyday. Reasoning: Cheaper and Better.

·
Mad Modder
198 Posts
just my $.02,

but ive always liked the Intel better. Every AMD ive had runs awesome, but they have overheating problems, and LOVE to lock up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts