Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Give me a week or so, and I should. I ordered the damn thing about a month ago, but it's still on backorder. I'll try to make one if it EVER comes in.

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
from what ive seen by taking the tail section apart for my peg blinkers and getting my tag light ready for inspection.... i think it should be kinda straightforward

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im running the Clear Alternatives integrated light from McCoys on my 06 R6 and it was pretty easy to install. Mine is plug and play and i simply took my OEM blinker plugs and used wire connectors. Thing works great! I then replaced my OEM relay with the Motrax relay to make my blinkers flash like stock. very simply to do. i would assume yours will be close to the same. dont know but they are usually pretty easy as long as your not wiring in your own board?

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
only thing u could do is to make the tail flash the red side when turning.... adding in yellow bulbs and all that might be a lil complicated and worth just dropping 100 on the predone tail.

i havent taken the tail apart but i assume that it isnt 'split' in two sections wiring wise [which is what you would need to make only half flash at a time] If you could get in there are cut the circuit board and make each side its own complete circuit you could add in a relay that is triggered by the turn signal lead and the relay would cut off the side when the signal is triggered..... so thats prolly the best way to attempt it yourself.. i dont plan on doing it, bout to order one in a day or two... but crack it open and look at it and see if what i said made sense

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
only thing u could do is to make the tail flash the red side when turning.... adding in yellow bulbs and all that might be a lil complicated and worth just dropping 100 on the predone tail.

i havent taken the tail apart but i assume that it isnt 'split' in two sections wiring wise [which is what you would need to make only half flash at a time] If you could get in there are cut the circuit board and make each side its own complete circuit you could add in a relay that is triggered by the turn signal lead and the relay would cut off the side when the signal is triggered..... so thats prolly the best way to attempt it yourself.. i dont plan on doing it, bout to order one in a day or two... but crack it open and look at it and see if what i said made sense
Well I wasn't going to attempt to do it myself, figured maybe an electricial guru would figure it out. Heh.

·
what?
906 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im installed the CA in my R6 and it was very easy! But i went with the plug n play and picked up a Motrax relay so it would flash like OEM. i spent apprx $200 for everything. Bought the CA from McCoys and the relay from cyclegear. I didnt buy the intergrated board because thats too much work for me, lol! if you go with a board you will pretty much have to do the same steps regardless of the type of bike in order to do it correctly. Plug N play was simple just a matter of pulling the old one out with exception of removing the upper part of the rear tail but thats easy. and it doesnt really cost that much considering the time and effort spent installing a board in your existing light. just my 2cents and experience with the plug n play.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I installed my CA lights also and just wired in the positive wire because my blinkers were flashing fast from my flushies up front so it was a very easy install for me. It took me longer to wire up my led plate light for my fender eliminator do to the difference in wore size than it was to install my CA lights

1 - 17 of 17 Posts