Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who doesn't have a good set of frame sliders needs to go get some. They are a lifesaver!!!!
I recommend the Intuitive Frame Sliders, might as well splurge and go for the whole set (handle bar ends, swing arm sliders, and frame sliders). I had my bike slide out from under me about two weeks ago, and let me tell you, the sliders took all the damage. They are really fu#*ed up now, but that is what they are made for. (I need a digital camera) The only damage my bike suffered, was a few scratches on the stock can, and a scratched up brake lever. The stock can is getting replaced soon anyway, so I don't care about that.
If it wouldn't have been for the sliders, my bike would have had a couple thousand dollars worth of damage, and I would have had to file an insurance claim. $150 and my bike is saved, and so is my wallet in the long run.
It isn't a matter of 'if' you go down, it's 'when'. :hammer

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I broke my wrist. I didn't know it until I drove 200 miles back to San Diego, and had it x-rayed the next day. I was riding again a week later.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Got 'em! and also BUY the rearset sliders!!!! They will seriously minimize damage to your plastics! I can verify their functionality! I still haven't replaced my plastics after I went down. Will throw a pic up somewhere soon.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They did help a lot. I dropped my last bike a ZX-2R ninja at about 90km/h and it made a real mess of it. Wish I had sliders on it. Im getting a set for the R6 before I continue stunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts