Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this mean:

invalid_session

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have seen that message when composing a very long post.

I there is a time out value from the time you click reply or new topic until you click submit. To get around this with a long post, hit the preview button while getting your post typed correctly. This resets the time.

And there is a time out period for how long you are inactive on the forum.
So if either time out expires, you will get that message.

All you have to do is click the back button and then the forward button. This should reset your time.

If that doesn't work, highlight all that you have typed and right click and select copy. Then relogin to the site. Then try your reply/new topic again. In the text box, just right click and paste.

Let me know if you get this error if none of the above conditions apply to you.

DJ1298

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The copy and paste method worked, thanks man.

I was pissed the other day when I wrote out a post and is got f**ked up. It happened again to me today but I just copied it backed up, went back in and pasted it.

Later

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks like this shit is happening more and more. :comp

I am not getting anything in my error logs. I don't see that we are taxing the server to much either. I will be investigating it more this week. Plus I am trying to rewrite the code that displays the smilies so that in the preview, they will be larger. But I can't get it too line up with in the current template.

Oh well. On a side note, I got an interview today with a recruiter for a job at Microsoft. So keep your fingers crossed! :drink

-Dj1298

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Luck

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
504 Posts
I began getting that message a few days ago. All I do is copy it, refreesh it, and then paste it again. And that's always worked. Of course, it is a biatch to do, but it's better than losing your entire message like I did one night.

Good luck DJ...

-Solace

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
That's the best way to get around it should it happen. But otherwise I would follow DJ's advice posted above. Got to love that preview button!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Yikes......... I just posted almost the same thing beofre reading this about the "Hey DJ, bring that beat back".......

Maybe I should get on the ones and twos and give it a spin! YEA!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Happened again

:cuss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts