Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about the heat range of spark plugs. If so need some help. The stock plug cr10ek has a heat range of 10. Can you go hotter or colder with out damaging the engine. Reason I ask is I found a good deal on some ngk iridium that will fit, but the only thing that is different is the heat range. :?:
Couldn't find anything on this subject. So hopefully some one out there has an answer.
Any other input about plugs would be great.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
You could go with one heat range up or down and most likely not do any damage. But the difference between NGK and NGK iridium probably would not be noticeable unless you have SIGNIFICANT engine work done.

I.E. higher compression, cams etc..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how quickly the spark plug will lose it's heat. a cold plug will cool down quickly by loseing heat to the block and doesn't heat up quickly. A hot plug will lose the heat slower and get hotter quicker.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hunter said:
Doesn't the manual say the stock one and one other. And that other one will cost you $52 apeice. it is also the weirdest plug I have ever seen.
I'm having a problem getting the online manual to open on the yamaha website, but i'll check mine at home. In my trunk is a sticker that tells too what it is, I'm thinking it was the NGK **9** or **10** as the choices to run. I'm not sure what the $52 one is. Keep in mind too that I have a 99. Not sure what you have but it might make a difference too.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
r6boater said:
Hunter said:
Doesn't the manual say the stock one and one other. And that other one will cost you $52 apeice. it is also the weirdest plug I have ever seen.
I'm having a problem getting the online manual to open on the yamaha website, but i'll check mine at home. In my trunk is a sticker that tells too what it is, I'm thinking it was the NGK **9** or **10** as the choices to run. I'm not sure what the $52 one is. Keep in mind too that I have a 99. Not sure what you have but it might make a difference too.
9 and 10 are the heat rnages you can run.

The NGK racing plugs aren't quite $52 each, I think I saw like $41, but they are definitely not worth it unless you have a RACE motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.