Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone watched the race?

I notice all racers either use Bridgestone or Michelin, and racers in the top 8 all have bridgestone, so does that mean bridgestone > michelin?

In this one straightaway, the Honda passed the Kawasaki easily, is Kawasaki really that weak of a bike? or is it just the racer

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,308 Posts
Re: Woohoo, another victory for Valentino Rossi!!

The tire wart has only really been a factor this year and last year. Currently Bridgestone seems to have the advantage, but it varies from track to track. At some tracks Michelin has the top 10, at others it's Bridgestone.

Yes, the Kawasakis are generally down on power in MotoGP.

·
Registered
394 Posts

Hrm...might want to rename the title of the thread..."SPOILER ALERT!"

Awesome race though...was looking for another great race between Rossi & Stoner...

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts

someone change the thread title. i watched the race, but i completely dispise it when people spoil it for me ont he main page when i recorded the race and going to watch later.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts

Yeah nice spoiler... I already watched it but maybe others didn't.

The Kawi has had some work done to it as you can see its a better bike and not in 17th with west anymore. The reason west got passed is because nakano got a drag off of him in his slip stream and passed him easily, any bike will pass the other if its close enough to grab a drag off of it so its not a matter of the Kawasaki is slow

michelin's had good results early on this season it just happens that this track and laguna sucked dick for Michelin riders

·
YZF-R you kidding?
365 Posts

I am just glad to see Rossi put such a large points lead up. You could tell Stoner was not going to let Rossi get close enough to battle. Rossi kept a medium tire on the rear for a late battle with Stoner. Luckily Rossi was able to apply a couple tenths of a second each lap to let Stoner know he needed keep pushing harder to keep him away. That pressure is what caused Stoner to crash out on the new Brno track surface. At that point I just jumped up and screamed cause I knew Rossi had it in the bag. In the last two seasons it seemed Rossi began to struggle with his M1 and the Michelin tires. Things appear to be in great order this season with the new Bridgestone shoden M1. The Doctor is back in surgery baby!!!!

·
I heart my R6
463 Posts

fuuuck...

Nice spoiler in the title :mad:, so much for watching it on tivo and being suprised

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts

Everyone watched the race?

I notice all racers either use Bridgestone or Michelin, and racers in the top 8 all have bridgestone, so does that mean bridgestone > michelin?

In this one straightaway, the Honda passed the Kawasaki easily, is Kawasaki really that weak of a bike? or is it just the racer
Next time you may want to put spoiler alert instead of the title of who won the race. Some people record it and watch it later. Glad I watched it before coming to the boards.

·
Registered
764 Posts

You're lucky I already watched the race. I actually posted the results in the RACE section with the title "SPOILER ALERT". But I'd be cussing if I hadn't seen the race and you spoiled the ending.

·
Will work for track time
19,483 Posts

Hrm...might want to rename the title of the thread..."SPOILER ALERT!"

Awesome race though...was looking for another great race between Rossi & Stoner...
someone change the thread title. i watched the race, but i completely dispise it when people spoil it for me ont he main page when i recorded the race and going to watch later.
:stupic I just dont even bother coming around here until the race is over and I have watched it... No respect.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,890 Posts

:stupic I just dont even bother coming around here until the race is over and I have watched it... No respect.
Well there ya go...Matt's got the answer!

It's the interwebz, guys...peoples are gonna do this. Don't take it personally...just avoid avenues that might lead to spoilers and life'll be dandy!

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.