Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an O5 and I have a micron slip on exhaust. I am going to buy a BMC air filter and thats all I am doing to the exhaust. Possible down the line I will change the sprockets. I am wondering if a PC3 will help me or will it be a waste of $250. I mostly ride street, no track days yet. I do ride hard, love the twisties. What do you think I should do? Pc3 or no PC3?:confused:

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
everone on here seems to be a PC3 nut, and all that is, is icing on the cake. if you remove your exup you really should get it, but your bike will work just fine without it. you can put the PC3 on a stock bike and tune it for a lil more power, but you don't need to. your bike can adjust to different octanes and altitudes all on it's own, just like it can run E-85 ethanol straight from the factory. if you change the exhaust setup seriously like removing...everything (exup & cat), you should get it.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
the answer is yes it will help!!!!!!

sproket change won't make any differance. but i i know and i've seen dynos to prove it that a pciii will improve even a bone stock bike. it will most def help, but no its not a need. if you do vstax, full exhaust, slide stop kit, it is a must!

i got mine with just a slip on and a race filter and it ran better, with all my new mods it runs like trash with out the propper map. i say go get!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts