Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I install the smoked integrated tail light and have the graves fe kit at the same time? By looking at the pictures, it looks like the fe kit, uses the same space as the tail kit.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, all I have are product pictures to look at.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Integrated taillight should be just the tail light, it shouldn't interfere with any FE.

Don't waste your money on a FE, our bikes have one from factory ;)

That's my bike with integrated tail light. As you can tell if you got the FE it wouldn't interfere.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Don't waste your money on a FE, our bikes have one from factory ;)

That's my bike with integrated tail light. As you can tell if you got the FE it wouldn't interfere.

Where is this factory FE located??? I have seen a lot of people with same set up as you so I assume theres a place to bolt the license plate but where exactly is this place?

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Where is this factory FE located??? I have seen a lot of people with same set up as you so I assume theres a place to bolt the license plate but where exactly is this place?
I don't think it was meant to be a FE, but it's convenient. There are two little plastic rivets down there, at the exact width needed for motorcycle plates. Coincidence? You tell me..(probably)

Better view:

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the bolts for the plate located beneath the black plastic rivets, or further back? I see two sets of places to do do this.

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only downside to this is I lose my beautiful Red Sox plate frame?

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
I don't know about the cops in central florida, but over by Tampa they are ASS-HOLE$ about putting your plate there. Anyone I know that has tried it either got nailed with a RUDE warning or a hefty fine, depending on the cop.

I mean, our plates are hard enough to see due to size as is, so sticking it way down there just pisses the cops off..

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a downside?
Yes. A HUGE downside. But I'm thinking to do the free fe, get the tail kit, then the fe when I have a spare chunk of change for it.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I don't know about the cops in central florida, but over by Tampa they are ASS-HOLE$ about putting your plate there. Anyone I know that has tried it either got nailed with a RUDE warning or a hefty fine, depending on the cop.

I mean, our plates are hard enough to see due to size as is, so sticking it way down there just pisses the cops off..
Mine has been like this in NY since I've had the bike, no issues. Most plates here are like this.

Yes. A HUGE downside. But I'm thinking to do the free fe, get the tail kit, then the fe when I have a spare chunk of change for it.
The point of the FE is to clean the bike up, IMO adding a plate frame just defeats the purpose...

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Mine has been like this in NY since I've had the bike, no issues. Most plates here are like this.

The point of the FE is to clean the bike up, IMO adding a plate frame just defeats the purpose...
1. I've heard they're a lot more lenient in other areas, but cops around here HATE bikes. I've been followed for miles, I'd assume they were waiting for me to give them a reason to light me up.

My buddy actually got a written warning for having his visor cracked open one notch, the cop said he wasn't properly using eye protection. :confused:

2. Agreed. Plus, who would want to advertise being a red sox fan? :sing

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good point. So which place do I mount it? Beneath the black plastic rivets, or further back in the metal ones? And what do I do with the lighting wires once I disconnect them from the lighting?

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
who would want to advertise being a red sox fan? :sing
I would, and considering that we now posess Carl Crawford and you live in the bay area I can certainly understand a bit of bitterness mixed in with an already growing rivalry. Longoria will have a tough job holding that lineup by himself for 162 games this year! My gf and I try and watch as many Sox games there as we can, so we'll be seeing how the Rays do this year without Crawford and Pena. Garza may be bailing too I hear.

Granted this entire post is based on the assumption that you are a Rays fan. If you happen to be a Yankees fan well the all I can say is "My Condolences....."

Just read this out and it sounds a bit more angry than it was meant. No offense was intended, I just love my baseball. :)

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
I would, and considering that we now posess Carl Crawford and you live in the bay area I can certainly understand a bit of bitterness mixed in with an already growing rivalry. Longoria will have a tough job holding that lineup by himself for 162 games this year! My gf and I try and watch as many Sox games there as we can, so we'll be seeing how the Rays do this year without Crawford and Pena. Garza may be bailing too I hear.

Granted this entire post is based on the assumption that you are a Rays fan. If you happen to be a Yankees fan well the all I can say is "My Condolences....."

Just read this out and it sounds a bit more angry than it was meant. No offense was intended, I just love my baseball. :)

Haha its all good, I'm mostly a football fan (and hockey thanks to my gf) but I keep up with the rays from time to time. HATE the yankees.

I have been losing interest in the rays because they start out looking good and then just end up being a disappointment.

EDIT: btw, where do you live in central FL?

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So does anyone know which spot I mount the plate to and what to do with the wiring once it's disconnected?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts