Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my friend gave me a hotbodies slashcut slipon the other day and i was wondering if it was worth it to put it on. I mean will it make a difference in the sound and does it hurt anything to detach the exup cables and just zip tie them out of the way? Thanks Rob

·
Registered
48 Posts
I took my stock slip on off, and zip tied the cables (temporarily) out of the way till i find time to remove em.

It is louder, which is what i wanted, performance is pretty much the same however.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have the hotbodies slashcut exhaust and IMO it is not a very loud pipe. D&D, yoshi, akra, etc... are all louder. It is louder than stock but I primarily like it because it has more of a racier sound compared to other pipes. As for the EXUP cables, mine are zipped tied and I have had no problems.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I removed the cables completly today at work. It is a lot easier than i thought. The motor for the cables is actually right next to the rear shock. Just take off the 2 12mm nuts and pull the motor out of the way a little, reach your hand in and undo the cables. Then just bolt the motor back down, and keep it plugged in. I tried just removing the whole motor assembly with the cables, but it throws a code.

Zip tied cables just look like ass IMO. Do it right or leave it alone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you have pics of the bolts your talking about. Mine are ziptied to and it looks like shit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeh bro, ill try to take pics of it tomorrow. If you want you can also pm me and remind me tomorrow, Sometimes I have a short term memory loss, lol..

Ill try to do a little writeup on it.

Ive also drilled out the butterfly in the stock slip-on, then hammered out the pin that goes through it, then finally epoxy'd up the holes. It looks like oem with the cover on, and you will have a 100% eliminated EXUP.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Hey if you do a search on here you can find a step by step procedure for that. Just look under exhaust removal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts