Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
783 Posts
Mobil 1 is safe for any engine, and most tech writers for motorcycle magazines promote the use of synthetics. Mobil 1 redcap you are speaking of is a full synthetic. Blends are half synthetic and half conventional oil. I personally have been using Mobil 1 15w 50 in every vehicle I've owned since 1991, and wouln't use anyting else!!!! I used it in my '92 FZR600 after break in and every oil change after that until I traded it for my R6 this year. And as soon as my six is ready for next oil change it will get Mobil 1 in it....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dangerousR6 said:
Mobil 1 is safe for any engine, and most tech writers for motorcycle magazines promote the use of synthetics. Mobil 1 redcap you are speaking of is a full synthetic. Blends are half synthetic and half conventional oil. I personally have been using Mobil 1 15w 50 in every vehicle I've owned since 1991, and wouln't use anyting else!!!! I used it in my '92 FZR600 after break in and every oil change after that until I traded it for my R6 this year. And as soon as my six is ready for next oil change it will get Mobil 1 in it....
Just picked up three quarts today see how it works out the only thing is with a synthic oil its a thinner oil hopefully it wont make my engine run to hot r6's run really high atleast in az my fan is always on!!!

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
one thing i must say if you buy any oil. make sure it doesnt have a that on the back the little circular label doesnt say energy conserving on it. if it does DO NOT BUY IT. this type of oil has some additives that will mess up your clutch. :cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.