Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
IIRC MP offers an orange a progressive-rate "RR" throttle cam. Long-throw on the bottom that becomes a shorter-throw quicker rate afterwards.

·
Yamaha 4 Life
514 Posts
IIRC MP offers an orange a progressive-rate "RR" throttle cam. Long-throw on the bottom that becomes a shorter-throw quicker rate afterwards.
Only with the V2 kit. The original kit does not include this.

I still prefer the largest 50mm reel over all the rest, including the new RR one.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
Old thread, but what the hell!

The quick answer, yes, it is.

The OEM throttle has such a long throw that is requires me to readjust my wrist out on the track to get to full throttle which is super annoying.

The throttle twitchiness that the OP refers to can be corrected with an ECU flash and will no longer be an issue, even with the largest 50mm throttle wheel.
the r6 oem tube has a faster pull than any other mfgr. There may be something wrong with your wrist :)

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
I had a problem with opening stock throttle 100% without adjusting grip, but changed my technique with how I hold the throttle. I now operate throttle like I'm using a screw driver with elbows pointing out a little more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
guys, i ended up buying the white motionpro throttle wheel which is progressive. only done one track day since it arrived and didnt have time to instal it.

what i did do in the interim was to try to sand down the initial part of the red throttle wheel that comes in the motion pro kit - my own version of a progressive throttle. its worked so well that im now giving thought to doing the same to the yellow (50mm) wheel which, Ebster, scares me - tried it once and its too jerky for corners for me.

·
Yamaha 4 Life
514 Posts
the r6 oem tube has a faster pull than any other mfgr. There may be something wrong with your wrist :)
Indeed it is, but its still too long. I believe the OEM reel is 35mm compared to the Kawi, for example, which is 32mm.

Still too long for my liking and I love the feel of my MP 50mm. Easily worth the small price I paid.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
If you take your right arm and extend it straight out in front of your body, make a fist, then point straight in front of you with 1, 2, or 3 fingers, and then rotate your wrist upward, most people will only be able to rotate their wrist ~60 degress which is much less than 1/4 turn of a throttle's rotation which is 90 degrees. To get the full 90 degree rotation through your wrist, you will have to adjust your grip on the fly.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
once I bought a quick turn throttle I was very happy with the results even on the street. it's personal preference I guess. too bad motonpro's rev2 is a piece of shit. the rubber boot keeps cracking open from using shitty materials.
have to switch over to domino.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Really?

Is this a common occurrence with the MP Rev2 because I'm switch to a quick throttle and fine tuning it with a custom tune by me?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have not seen one yet that the jacket isn't cracked (dryrot). the original one didn't do it. but the Rev2 does. many guys were bitching. they may have changed the rubber material by now. this was 3 years ago when I first seen it on forums. I fitted the original one on my bike. but if I need a new one I'll buy a domino brand.

https://www.r1-forum.com/forums/10-appearance-mods/590970-domino-xm2-throttle-motion-pro-rev2.html
Wish Id seen some of these comments sooner, I bought and fitted a motionpro rev2 to my R6 about a week ago.

I wasn't super impressed by the quality or fit to be honest, Im glad I didnt buy two at once like I was going to - I was gunna get one for the R1 as well.
Might go Domino on the R1 then I can compare side to side

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
My MP Rev2 just arrive today. I'm looking at the instructions, and I'm debating between the 50mm and the RR. I'm probably going with the 50mm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On track I just start higher on the throttle - if I forget I just get a sore wrist.....but at the end of the day who cares....little pain big fun !!!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
On track I just start higher on the throttle - if I forget I just get a sore wrist.....but at the end of the day who cares....little pain big fun !!!!
and a lot of us get blisters on our hands anyway. death grip!
but from what I've seen the Domino brand quick throttles are a lot better built. I however never had a problem from the Rev 1 throttle kit I had on my R6.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
I forgot all about Domino when I ordered mine. I guess on the next go-around for my next bike, I'll remember to look at Domino.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Using the 50mm reel, it's not the best for the street. You will get up to speed wayy tooo fast. I can see now, when I hit the track, it'll be great. It is much less forgiving if you make a mistake..

·
Registered
106 Posts
How is the graves progressive throttle tube? Or the G2 competition quick turn throttle?
I run the Graves Progressive throttle tube. It is really nice coming back on the power and ramps up quick after that.

They are expensive for what they are.

You will have to file down the throttle cable stops on the stock housing for it to work.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts