Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I hope my R6 eats me.
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear tire has almost no tread and I've got a replacement metzler M-1 on the way. Is removing the old tire and putting on the new tire going to be worth the trouble of trying to do it myself without scratching up the rims or should I just take it to the local motorcycle shop and have them put it on there???
And how much should I expect to pay for having it done?

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Take it to the shop. Not only is it a pain in the ass, it needs to be balanced also. It will probably cost you about $20 bucks if the wheels is off the bike.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
just like the other guys have said, take it in to a shop, it'll save the headache and the possibility of damaging the tire and rim both. not something to attack by yourself on your first try. see if you can possibly help whoever does it in the shop just to see what its all about, some guys are more than willing to help you out.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
+1, you need spoons and a ballancer, weights and a vaule remover not worht it if you have not done it before.

Take it to the shop.

·
I hope my R6 eats me.
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, thanks for the info

·
I love German beer.
72 Posts
My buddy took his to a shop and had a rear tire put on.... $220 with our friends discount, his front tire was $190.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts