Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im so glad i got rid of my stock tail fairing... i installed both the front flush mount LED turn signals and the integrated tail light from Custom LED, INC.... after installing everything my blinkers on the integrated tail light DO NOT flash they just stay on when i activate the turn signal, However, the front LEDs do blink....

after doing some research it looks like replacing the flasher relay box will fix the problem, so my i want to know if this "Flasher Relay Box" is replaceable?

·
NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE!!!
122 Posts
I just did the same thing to my bike 2 weeks ago. You have to get the relay, I got mine from Custom L.E.D. directly. It is very simple to install. Everything works pissa now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed Gravesport Flush Mounts, and they were blinking so fast. I ordered a flash relay from tobefast.com ($19.99). Installed it yesterday - fits and works perfect (back to normal DOT flashing). You may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I installed proton flushmounts and lockhard phillips short stalks for the rear...my blinkers would flash too fast, I pick up a couple of resistance bars (for the lack of better words/don't know the right name) from Autozone for like $12. I installed them in the tail section on the rear blinkers. You just jump across the blinkers, one wire goes to the blinkers + pos and the other to the - neg. It came with the wire connectors as well. Worked perfectly...

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can install resistors as well, but the flash relay is a simple remove the factory relay and plug in a new one. No need to cut wires.
The relay I purchased from tobefast.com is made by Custom L.E.D.

·
Raven
23 Posts
+1 ^ If I remember it is located under th gas tank. Easy to do if you have someone hold the gas tank for you while you plug it in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I can see why a relay maybe preferred, but to install the resistors there is no cutting involve, just crimp connectors. You know the connectors that you slide both wires into and then push down a U-shaped metal pin that slice through the wire plastic jacket to wire for connectivity...works well.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
+1 ^ If I remember it is located under th gas tank. Easy to do if you have someone hold the gas tank for you while you plug it in.
RELAY LOCATION: The 08's do not have the relay under the tank so for future reference don't waste your time searching. The relay is under the ECU. It's on the right side (exhaust side) under the ECU.

but to install the resistors there is no cutting involve, just crimp connectors.
Not soldering any electrical connection: for...the...loss.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The relay is located under the seat...right under the ECU box. There are (2) side clips that hold the ECU down. Move the ECU out of the way and you will see the relay. Resistors work as well.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
The relay is located under the seat...right under the ECU box. There are (2) side clips that hold the ECU down. Move the ECU out of the way and you will see the relay. Resistors work as well.
ne-nur n-enur I beat you to it by a couple of seconds hahahah:lmao

·
Registered
42 Posts
ne-nur n-enur I beat you to it by a couple of seconds hahahah:lmao
You got me on this one. Nice race! lol.

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Here's the big dog relay that lets you select or choose a bunch of different blinking patterns:

Standard plug in play relay:

Stage 1 relay (You changed your incandescent bulbs to LEDs and now: the blinkers do not blink at all )

Stage 2 relay (You changed your incandescent bulbs to LEDs and now: the blinkers work but blink faster than normal)

Pricing on the differet setups is from $11.99 - $49.99 depending on the setup that is right for you :)

Like mentioned on the 08 R6's the relay is next to the ecu... On the 06-07 models its under the battery...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's the big dog relay that lets you select or choose a bunch of different blinking patterns:

Standard plug in play relay:

Stage 1 relay (You changed your incandescent bulbs to LEDs and now: the blinkers do not blink at all )

Stage 2 relay (You changed your incandescent bulbs to LEDs and now: the blinkers work but blink faster than normal)

Pricing on the differet setups is from $11.99 - $49.99 depending on the setup that is right for you :)

Like mentioned on the 08 R6's the relay is next to the ecu... On the 06-07 models its under the battery...
Nice write up! Good research Spiderman SS!

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Thanks Shane For the "how to",perfect timing. I just ordered a relay from you guys should be here on Mon.

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
No problem glad I could help.. When I first got my 06 I was about to RIP it apart looking for the relay. It's the first Yamaha that the relay was under the battery like that. Made it a little more painful to get at...

:fact

1 - 17 of 17 Posts