Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really dont want to be buying brand new OEM fairing stays every time they shatter on me. my 05' stay just bends around, but those stockers just snap. or is the 2007 stay made out of mithril or some dungeons and dragons metallurgy shit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
are you talking about the fairing stay that goes infront of your airbox.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i know some brands sells aluminum fairing stays for like race plastics...i dont know if they are all for the stocker's one

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
I couldn't find an aftermarket one for my '06, and the '07 is the same stay. I would think someone would have one. My stocker shatered into about 15 pieces after a crash, it is just cast Al

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LVSpeedemon said:
are you talking about the fairing stay that goes infront of your airbox.
i'm talkin' about that thingy that holds your instrument cluster (mph/revs/idiotlights), and holds the upper fairing up. i think its also called a fairing bracket.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fyrefyter0143 said:
i know some brands sells aluminum fairing stays for like race plastics...i dont know if they are all for the stocker's one
yeah what brands? are they for the 06-07' models?

·
Will Race for Food
136 Posts
The '06-07 fairing stays are very inexpensive compared to the '05 ones. The list price is 109 so no one made an after market one. I think fred rentz at yoyodyne carries one but I don't think it is any less expensive then the stocker.

Sorry

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah I ordered the Yoyodyne. 185.73 Shipped! The stock OEM fairing stays are terrible! They are so weak. I will post pics when it comes in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts