Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
My R6S beats me!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the bikes I see these on are stretched, the riders are wearing just a t-shirt, helmets with mohawks, etc. It's kinda the "here's your sign" moment, but I'm curious from a technical/safety standpoint if a slash cut serves a legit purpose.

What's your take on these obnoxiously loud exhausts?

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
I've got a Jardine GP-1 on my Raven. Love the look, fits perfectly. That being said, I still have my underbox muffer, so I'm not running a straight pipe. When I go for the midpipe, I will swap out to a proper slip on.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
dont think so its just a cheap option which is why noobs tend to go for it

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
dont think so its just a cheap option which is why noobs tend to go for it
Cheaper than the stock exhaust that's already on the bike.

Seems like logical squid logic.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
Cheaper than the stock exhaust that's already on the bike.

Seems like logical squid logic.
cant tell if youre agreeing that its for squids or calling me a squid lol

squids see 2 options buy the top of the line top notch two bros or bump it down to the next best thing a slash cut

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
It's legitimate purpose is to make the bike ugly as fcuk.
yeah but everyone knows squid groupies luv slash cuts and two bros

:fact

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
cant tell if youre agreeing that its for squids or calling me a squid lol

squids see 2 options buy the top of the line top notch two bros or bump it down to the next best thing a slash cut
What I was trying to say is that I don't understand the people that "need" to ditch the 'ugly' stock exhaust, only to cheap out and spend $100 on a fvucking slash cut exhaust that's uglier than stock...not to mention they could have just put that money towards a nicer slip on. :nono

·
My R6S beats me!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They seem to be our equivalent of a ricer. It's either they're too poor or ignorant to understand what they're doing. The same thing applies to stretching a bike IMO. If you're gonna stretch a bike, at least buy an actual swingarm. :yuk:

·
12,482 Posts
I purchased my Micron in hopes that it had the same sound as the Micron on my '04 before it was stolen. The '04 had a slightly high pitch to it making it sound a little like a jet engine...

The current micron didn't sound anything like it... sounds like any other bike with a micron. :-( lol

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
for some odd reason people think they are cool, likely more because they are cheap. want to save money, just cut down the stock slip on. i honestly think my R6 looked the best wight he stock one cut shorter, but i will admit the bike rode better tune for tune with the leo slip on i eventually bought.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well i bought the racefit slash cut because i like the look. I don't plan to go headers anytime soon and when i do ill change it. Probably go full akro or something.

I do like how when i low sided at the track it didn't get messed my exhaust.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I purchased my Micron in hopes that it had the same sound as the Micron on my '04 before it was stolen. The '04 had a slightly high pitch to it making it sound a little like a jet engine...

The current micron didn't sound anything like it... sounds like any other bike with a micron. :-( lol
I would check firearms being "hot" looking down the barrel before I concerned myself with how my bike sounded. :lmao

·
12,482 Posts
I would check firearms being "hot" looking down the barrel before I concerned myself with how my bike sounded. :lmao
I don't do tracks, and I will NEVER be able to take the bike to it's full potential. Improving the bike's performance is a pointless endeavor.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I don't do tracks, and I will NEVER be able to take the bike to it's full potential. Improving the bike's performance is a pointless endeavor.
I dont get what you mean? If you really mean what you say...why would you change anything about a "stock" bike? You should buy it new... ride it then when a newer model comes out... sell/trade in & move on. Seems pretty easy.
The OEMs would sure appreciate that.

·
12,482 Posts
Basically, I don't care about performance since I don't/can't take it to the limits. Therefore, my mods are for looks/sound.

The only performance mod I got was the PC3, but that was only to try and fix a problem I was having. Since it didn't work, I'm thinking of selling it.... I'm just too lazy to uninstall the PC3.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts