Votes: 8 57.1%
  • NO

Votes: 6 42.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a Gold VORTEX Rearset for $220. Is this a good deal or not? It's been used for a year with no damage. Thanks for any inputs.

Robin

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not really since folks are selling brand new, never used sets for a few $$ more.
I think with some shopping you will find ALOT of retailers dumping vortex inventory for dirt cheap.
An example of a deal for brand new gold rearsets can be seen in this post
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1778080&postcount=7
Although that looks good, I am looking for something that I can adjust and also better grip compared to stock. Checking with websites, I can find them ranging from 356-375 new. The one site did have it for 299 but you still have to buy the brake switch (I occasionally use it for the street so I need this) for 15 dollars more. If there is another website that can offer close for just a FEW dollars more, I can definitely see myself buying it new. Thanks for the input.

Robin

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
not really since folks are selling brand new, never used sets for a few $$ more.
I think with some shopping you will find ALOT of retailers dumping vortex inventory for dirt cheap.
An example of a deal for brand new gold rearsets can be seen in this post
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1778080&postcount=7
He's asking about vortex, not other brands. There are after market rear sets on eBay for a lot less than 220...

These are a decent deal, I paid about 260 for mine used.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's asking about vortex, not other brands. There are after market rear sets on eBay for a lot less than 220...

Thanks for the input. I am about to pull the trigger tomorrow but I wanted some inputs from the family.

Robin

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
riders discount forum dude does them for 298 shipped. so i guess you can compare it to that
Sounds like a deal but I am going to use the rearsets for what they are meant to do, adjustability and better grip so that I am well planted on the bike. Although I have yet to see the rearset, my friend says there are just a few wear (if any) from being ridden but not enough that the finish is visibly wearing out. Now 70 bones may not seem a lot to some but double that and you've got yourself a trackday. Now if it was 10-25 dollar from a new one...then I may have to bite. Does the price you quoted include the brake switch assembly? If not, there goes another 15 bones. Thanks for the input though. I just wanted to take a poll maybe I am missing a great deal somewhere to buy the VORTEX (or better) rearset new for the same price I am paying used.

Cheers,
Robin

·
Registered
469 Posts
They're a year old so I'm guessing they're the older V1 rearsets and not the V2s? I know motomummy was selling the V1s for $300 for awhile.

A year ago when I was looking I found new V1s for $250 on the forums from a member who had bought but never used the,. I ended up getting a pair of V1s brand new for $170 + tax but that was an insane deal.

Edit: I don't really see a reason to use the hydraulic brake light switch but then again I literally never use the rear brake, especially on its own.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts

Like I said in my post... retailers are dumping vortex rearsets like hot potatoes. One vendor was selling brand new adjustable vortex for $230 shipped.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
I like my Vortex rearsets, eat up my boots though. Got mine used for like a buck fity.

·
Registered
78 Posts
that is a pretty good deal for those rear sets. although i think i got a better deal on mine i paid 40 for mine. the kid liked the stock rearsets better than the vortex rearsets :lmao

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i've seen, more than once, new ones go for $250 shipped. i'd offer $200 or just put another $30-ish with that price and get new.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great inputs and much appreciated. All had great points. I am going to shop around all week this week but if I can't find a "good" deal close to the price I am going to pay for the used one, I am going to pull the trigger and get the used ones. I got a trackday at Streets Of Willow on the 20 and 21 of this month and I definitely could use it and the extra mulah is for beer at the end of the night :). Thanks for those that chimed in.

Robin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts