Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase an 06 r6 raven. 100% flawless showroom condition:

7600 Miles
Frame Sliders
Integrated Taillight
Flush Mount Turn Signals
Smoke Shield
New Tires
Two Brothers Black Series Slip On

He wants $5800 with the exhaust or $5500 without.
I checked out the NADA and KBB values and his price seems a little high, but when I search around for other 2006 r6, he seems to be right there with the rest.

Is his pricing fair?

Thanks!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Too much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks!

What would be a fair price?

$5000?

Does location matter much? When I do a craigslist search, it appears that he is not really any higher than any others. I am in the central coast of California, so riding all year is not a problem, so there isn't really much of a non riding season in which to get a smoking deal.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Thanks!

What would be a fair price?

$5000?

Does location matter much? When I do a craigslist search, it appears that he is not really any higher than any others. I am in the central coast of California, so riding all year is not a problem, so there isn't really much of a non riding season in which to get a smoking deal.
For reference, I sold my 08 back in 2011 with 11k miles and it was clean.... for $5k.

That is a $4500 bike at best, and the guy is a douche for trying to charge $300 more for a sucky ass slipon.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
nope pass if it was an 09+ then 5k would be right around what it should....i wouldnt pay anything more than 4k for an 06...2 more years and that bike will be 10 years old ....be patient and the right deal will come along...rush and sometime later you will see an amazing deal and you will beat yourself for not waiting a little while longer...good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was looking at used r6's for about almost a full year, started out at your price range 4-6k and every bike i looked at was a lot more used than i was looking for to say it nicely lol. And i really didn't want to buy someone else's problem because lets be serious most people dont buy a sport bike to take it easy on it and its very hard to find a quality used sportbike because it usually sells within a few days of being up for sale. To make a long story short, in april 2014 i got extremely lucky when a yamaha dealer within 100 miles of my house posted 6 left over brand new 2012 r6's for $8,995 on craigslist. So i jumped on it and havent regretted it for a second. I think you should save up some more money and find something mint or close to it. Check you local dealers and see if they have any left overs, they usually just wanna get rid of them for room for the 2014's. if i can give you any advice id say defiantly dont rush into getting a bike just to get one. And i agree with the other members here with saying thats not a good deal

·
Still learning
271 Posts
I have an opportunity to purchase an 06 r6 raven. 100% flawless showroom condition:

7600 Miles
Frame Sliders
Integrated Taillight
Flush Mount Turn Signals
Smoke Shield
New Tires
Two Brothers Black Series Slip On

He wants $5800 with the exhaust or $5500 without.
I checked out the NADA and KBB values and his price seems a little high, but when I search around for other 2006 r6, he seems to be right there with the rest.

Is his pricing fair?

Thanks!

Id start at 4500, be firm budge a lil, pick a number and stick to it.

dont be afraid to walk out numerous times.

·
Hello
527 Posts
That's kinda funny as he could not pull that canister off the bike and sell it for $300...either way its priced too high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts