Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys (and girls)? This is my first post, so hopefully you guys can help out a newbie. Anyway, I'm looking at getting a 2004 R6 with 1,700 miles, and it seems to be in perfect condition. He was asking $6,900 and I could only got him down to $6,600. Do you think its worth it?

Thanks in advance for any imput

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
Prodigy said:
Hey whats up guys (and girls)? This is my first post, so hopefully you guys can help out a newbie. Anyway, I'm looking at getting a 2004 R6 with 1,700 miles, and it seems to be in perfect condition. He was asking $6,900 and I could only got him down to $6,600. Do you think its worth it?

It only matters what you think, you are the one that has to pay for it.

If it is only 1700mi. that doesn't sound to high to me, but then again I paid list plus $350.00 shipping to get the color that I wanted shipped from ST. Louis, Mo.

Good luck in what ever you decide on.

·
Registered
255 Posts
doesnt sound to bad to me, 1700 miles the bike is barley broken it but its all up to how much u wanna spend

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Prodigy said:

I bet for another $1000, you could get an '04 still sitting on the floor somewhere. Then you can break it in and make sure it gets treated right from the first mile.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
yeah make sure the title is clean and make sure there isnt anything wrong with it

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
bring $6000 cash with you next time, usually the sight of money brings down the price. if it never did go down then it sounds like a deal. i just wonder why only 1700 miles. if you could get about another $2000 or so you could look at the new bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. The bike is actually in NJ (about 3 hours away) so I've only seen pictures, and its going to be a one shot deal- I'm not driving there twice. I only wanted to spend $6,000 but I was looking for an 03-04 and expecting higher miles. He says he's selling it for a bigger bike, and it was only taken out for a few months last year, I just hope he didn't beat it. I'd like a new one but also I could use the extra $1000+ for getting a nice helmet and jacket, and maybe a couple mods. I guess the price seems to be around where it should be (give or take), and I'll have to see it in person before I can make my final offer. Wish me luck, I cant wait to be part of the R6 community.

:cheers

·
Registered
279 Posts
i think thats a great price u got down to, my buddy picked up an 03 r6 with like 6800 miles and he paid 6400, and the guy gave him his helmet.... i think u should go for it, make sure it hasnt been droped... but ur saying its in great condition...i'd go for it dude

good luck

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I think your right to wonder if it has been beaten alot already.

1700 miles and he wants a liter bike. Guarantee that thing has been bounced off the rev limiter soon.

Remember to be patient and not buy the first thing you see.

And listen to Stone, cash money brings down the price in a hurry.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would find out how much of the factory warranty is left and if it has an extend warranty. Also if it comes with any extras. I think if it was riden sensibly with the low miles it would be a good price, since it is only a few hours away. You could probably find a new '04 somewhere, but when you figure it is may not be worth it compared to a used one. I couldn't find a low mile used one for a good price close to where I live so I had a new '04 shipped from Illinios to Texas. I don't know what color you are wanting, but the dealer where I got mine had a new '04 red/black about a month ago. He was wanting $7038.99 + TT&L. Thats if you had to have a new one. If the used one is in good condition, I would make the guy an offer and see what happens, then go from there. Good luck on your decision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts