Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Cycle Gear today to try on some suits to get an idea on what size fits me best. Tried on the Alpinestars Trigger and the Dainese Laguna Seca both in size 40. Both were definitely snug and I had to have the sales associate help me get the my arm out of the Trigger suit which I tried on first. I managed to get out of the Dainese suit on my own after reaching behind my back with one arm to pull the other side off. I think the Dainese suit was a tighter fit than the Trigger, most noticeably in the upper torso area. I know it should loosen up after broken in, but I think I will go back and try on a 42 as well.

As far as pricing goes... the Trigger was $699 and they are taking 15% off of all Dainese suits. The Laguna Seca is priced at a closeout price in the $600's also (I don't recall the exact price) and the sales guy said the 15% off applies to that price as well, effectively lowering the price below the $600 mark on a suit that has a regular price of $999. I'm thinking this is a no-brainer and that I should go ahead and pull the trigger (no pun intended) on the Dainese. Thoughts?

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Cycle Gear is the largest Dainese retailer in the USA... I doubt anyone can beat their price, especially with the Dainese promo they are currently running. And they have a return policy on a suit that is not special ordered. At that price, I'd pull the trigger on the Laguna Seca... you won't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
check out www.thefind.com to see how good that price really is. This site is way better at finding the best deals online than google in my opinion. It found me a crazy good deal on a new Alpinestars SMK leather jacket that I would never have seen without it. Saved me over $100. Give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
At that price, I would buy a Laguna Seca right now. Go for it man.

Last year when I tried on a Laguna Seca, it was the tits. Can't beat it for that kind of cash.

·
Damn Turkeys!
82 Posts
not trying to thread jack but do they even make suits for someone my size? (6'3 250lbs) or should i go get one of those custom made ones?
I'm 6'4 @ 200 lbs and have a size 58 euro, the crotch is extremely tight while standing straight up, and it sucks my shoulders down a bit. on the bike it's fine though. i would suggest trying on a 60, if that doesn't work go custom fit.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I bought my Laguna Seca from Cycle Gear, Loved it! Til it split open at a seam. They took it back No Questions asked.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
I bought my Laguna Seca from Cycle Gear, Loved it! Til it split open at a seam. They took it back No Questions asked.
Cycle gear by far has the best warranty service out there... I bought a frank Thomas suit from a friend and the zipper broke on it. I took it back and they replaced my suit free of charge. Now I've got a brand new xti suit I can break in to fit me better.

I love cycle gear, best store IMO

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
Cycle gear by far has the best warranty service out there... I bought a frank Thomas suit from a friend and the zipper broke on it. I took it back and they replaced my suit free of charge. Now I've got a brand new xti suit I can break in to fit me better.

I love cycle gear, best store IMO
They took it back even though you didn't originally buy the suit from them? Dang, I might do this on my XTi... The shoulder seam is comin undone.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
They took it back even though you didn't originally buy the suit from them? Dang, I might do this on my XTi... The shoulder seam is comin undone.
Yup... I took the guy I bought it off with me, but said they would have done it without him there since they're the only store that sells frank thomas they're pretty sure they knew it came from them at some point.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Also check out spartanleathers.com They have a special right now on full leathers for 225-275 for the Yamaha branded suit.

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Went to Cycle Gear today.. The Laguna Seca is priced at a closeout price in the $600's also (I don't recall the exact price) and the sales guy said the 15% off applies to that price as well, effectively lowering the price below the $600 mark on a suit that has a regular price of $999.
What state are you located in?

EDIT: Never mind.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts