Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NYC
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I lowside-ed and crushed my tank.
I've since got a new one and want to get rid of this..

ebay lists tanks in similar condition for ~$200.
Whats a fair price for this?

No leaks or punctures, No pump or cap.
Its a bit dusty from being in my shed but otherwise seem fine, I rode with it for a month or two before getting it replaced.

off a '08

Let me know what you think!
Thanks
Chris

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
There is a difference between an asking price on ebay and what they will actually sell for. There is a lot of junk on ebay put up by chop shops that have no clue what items are actually worth, so judging prices off ebay can be an exercise in futility. A better bet is to do a search of completed auctions (not the buy it now ones) to see what people are actually paying for tanks.

Personally, I would never pay more than $50 for a tank in that kind of shape. I guess someone without a tank or with a completely destroyed one may be a little more desperate?

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I had one in similar shape that I literally could not give away for shipping costs. I ended up throwing it away.

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
you might get $60 tops. I hammered out a dent in a similar tank that I had. Bought it for 60 to see if I could do some repairs if I had to. it came out ok, not the greatest. Some of those areas are a P.I.T.A to pound out, because you can't get a stick into certain spots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts