Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
My R1 eats me.
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the story, I found a 2010 r6 stock with 2k miles on Craigslist. He was asking 7200, I offered the kid 6k and he agreed and didn't even try to negotiate (he sounds like he's 18 years old). I sent the sale agreement last week and his dad faxed me it along with the reggie. I did all the stuff with the bank, got it all lined up just waiting on the kid to go to the bank.

So I talked to him lastnight and he said Thursday is the only day he might be able to get to the bank (today) to finalize the deal and pay off 1k he owes on the bike so my bank can write the check and get the title.

He texts me this morning and says someone offered him his asking price lastnight and put a deposit down this morning and said sorry I can't turn his offer down.

I'm figuring he couldn't get to the bank today so the deal wouldn't go down till next week anyway and someone talked some sense into him and he's trying to bluff me to see if ill pay more.

What do you guys think?

·
My R1 eats me.
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just sucks because I went through all that shit with the bank and I was getting it for a steal 6k is unreal for my area.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Sounds like unwanted headache. Move on.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
i think if you have a signed agreement, AND gave a deposit.. that bike is yours at the original contract price if you follow through at your end. Tell him you are gonna put a lien on the bike at the DMV if you doesn't sell it to you at your price.
If you didn't put a deposit down, in most states, that isn't quite a contract.

but.. as most said, might be WAY easier to just move on.

·
848!
667 Posts
6K is a steal. I sold my 08 back in 11 with 7k miles for 6k, but I also had a TON of upgrades on it. I would say just let it go, if he comes back to you great, if not move on to the next.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
keep an eye out. you'll find a good deal. i know it sucks going through all that for nothing but maybe thats a good thing he flaked

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
id move on...he could be bluffing he could be not...youll find a good deal...dont know where you are at but maybe find one out of state and save you a couple of grand?? 4-5k with under 15k is the norm out here in los angeles

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
So you lowballed some dude, and now you're pissed that he backed out when someone offered him his asking price? Sounds like the other dude wants the bike more.

Unless that "sales agreement" was notarized and witnessed by R Kelly's grandmother, it won't hold up in any court. Even if it did, do you really want to spend money chasing after a good deal, only to have it not be a good deal in the end?

·
My R1 eats me.
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So you lowballed some dude, and now you're pissed that he backed out when someone offered him his asking price? Sounds like the other dude wants the bike more.

Unless that "sales agreement" was notarized and witnessed by R Kelly's grandmother, it won't hold up in any court. Even if it did, do you really want to spend money chasing after a good deal, only to have it not be a good deal in the end?
Haha I'm just a little bummed out, I was so close to getting it and I'm not going to try to take him to court or anything like that ill just let it ride out and see if he calls me back

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Haha I'm just a little bummed out, I was so close to getting it and I'm not going to try to take him to court or anything like that ill just let it ride out and see if he calls me back
I wouldn't even bother waiting. Your only bet is that the other guy sees it in person and doesn't want it or something happens with his ability to pay for it.

Move along and find another bike. Do you really want one that was ridden/maintained by a dude who has to have his daddy send faxes for him?

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts

most people do this to try and get more money out of someone..doesnt always mean there is actually someone on the other end making offers...just douchey people trying ot make more moneys

1 - 20 of 29 Posts