Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i wanted to takeoff the big ass turn light assembly. could i buy an new undertail with turn signals in built in like on this site http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={3C611B40-D3CD-49A2-BEBA-3F7B435EE0F6}
or will that not pass inspection cause if u just intragate the lights it wont pass..

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
ok well i wanted to takeoff the big ass turn light assembly. could i buy an new undertail with turn signals in built in like on this site http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={3C611B40-D3CD-49A2-BEBA-3F7B435EE0F6}
or will that not pass inspection cause if u just intragate the lights it wont pass..
I haven't heard that it wont pass bro...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea my dealer told me to pass insp. the turn signals have to be 9 inchs apart and that undertail has led turn signals but i dont know if they are 9 inches apart.. but yea thx for the reply

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
I've been told by officers that it just has to be seperate from the brake light. As long as the signals are easily visible while braking or riding, then you should have no probelm. You could always look it up on the net, or just visit a station and ask before you purchase it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Every state has different laws, so what's legal in NM is different than what's legal in TX and so on.

Bozzo has it right. Go to an inspection place and show them what you want to install.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Would have to see the lights work. BUt I don't see why not. Unless you can't tell the dff between the brake lights and turn sigs

·
No more side boob for you
1,136 Posts
no mater what, if it aint DOT approved it wont pass, thats why i go to random ass gas stations that aint near any main roads cause i have a hot bodies under tail, they dont really know much about what will/wont pass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts