Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yami scares me the bitch
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have a 2008 R6 with a power commander and auto tune unit installed.....I also have a olson mid pipe istalled with no cats......smog block offs.....yoshi tail pipe....k&n air filter.....

I loaded it with the graves exhaust map as a base and have just let the auto tune unit do its thing and have been periodically checking and saving the trim tables onto the main map.....

now other than that I have no idea if the table seems right or not......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Take out that 68 and 62 in the 2% column, those aren't right. Other than that I don't see anything out of line.

I bet your 30+ numbers in the 5k range are a bit rich as well.

Overall not too bad, I would really recommend you do per gearing mapping, so the auto tune can create different maps in each gear.

·
Yami scares me the bitch
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
man....ohioYJ....I leave my R6 alone for months to get my jeep wrangler finished, come back here and your still the man that answers my questions lol....cheers mate, your a legend....also thanks r6sport for the link to his guide :)

only follow up question is this, the 68 and 62 in the 2% column.....what should I change them to? off the top of my inexperienced head Id say just lower them to around 20 and then let the auto tune take care of it again? I'll do the same with the +30's in the 5k range as you said mate

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
man....ohioYJ....I leave my R6 alone for months to get my jeep wrangler finished, come back here and your still the man that answers my questions lol....
I'm actually not on here much these days, just randomly happened to pop in. Funny you should mention a Jeep, that happens to be one of my other toys:

only follow up question is this, the 68 and 62 in the 2% column.....what should I change them to?
5 or 10, you don't really need much fuel at that point. Just shouldn't be 60+ for sure.

off the top of my inexperienced head Id say just lower them to around 20 and then let the auto tune take care of it again? I'll do the same with the +30's in the 5k range as you said mate
In that 5k range, you'll most likely find out it always wants to add fuel no matter how much fuel you add. It's a false reading, happens across every R6 I've ever worked on. So either drop it down low enough that it will top out around 30 (assuming that feels ok when riding it) (so that would be 10, if the auto tune is limited to 20+), or get it where it feels ok, and then disable the AutoTune in that area. I usually do the first option, to make sure the autotune can't make it stupid rich in that one area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.