Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got to looking at the way my forks are set up and was curious if this is right. This is the way they were when I picked the bike up from the dealership. Bike is an 08.

Sorry for the crappy pic....used my phone.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
how much do you weigh

i doubt the sag and preload and damping and compression are set for you. go do that first.

(if you're talking about how the fork tubes stick above the tripples, they are meant to be like that)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 6'0 and weigh 160. Haven't adjusted anything on it since I got it. Thanks for the info guys. I found a guy that does suspension setup about an hour away from me and has been racing sportbikes for 13 years. Says he can get me dialed in whenever I have to time to bring the bike over.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
I'm 6'0 and weigh 160. Haven't adjusted anything on it since I got it. Thanks for the info guys. I found a guy that does suspension setup about an hour away from me and has been racing sportbikes for 13 years. Says he can get me dialed in whenever I have to time to bring the bike over.
best 20 to 40 bucks you'll spend on your bike, ever.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's were mine were set when I bought it back in May. I am trying to find someone around here to help set up my suspension too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts