Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and girls, i am looking at this bike and he was saying that he might need a new clutch his story went;

"I Was Driving My R6 And Was Leaving From A Stop Light. When I Went To Shift To Second Gear And It Would Not Go Into Gear.i Tried To Shift With No Clutch By Getting The Rpm's Revved High With No Sucess.after A Mile Or So Of Messing Around With The Shifter It Finally Shited.now It Wont Shift From First To Second But The Rest Of The Gaers Are Fine Upshifting And Down Shifting.anyone Who Might Be Able To Give A Little Insight On What Could Be Done To Fix This Problem."

should i forget this bike and keep looking?

is this that infamous second gear problem? if so how much does it usually cost to fix it?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sounds more like tranny than clutch if you ask me... I would be skeptical if I was you. Have someone from a shot to look at it with you or something. You better be safe than sorry. WHo knows. How much he asking?

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I thought that second gear tranny issue was only with the first generation R6. My 08 R6S only has 5000 miles on it, but not a single problem from the tranny yet.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
ummmmmm id say keep looking. dont wanna just buy some1 elses problem

·
Roll Tide Roll
63 Posts
I agree. You never know exactly what is wrong with it and why risk buying something that might be ten times more to fix later on down the road.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Probable close to $1K not worth it.

·
Roll Tide Roll
63 Posts
I dont know how much it would cost but it must be expensive otherwise why wouldnt he just fix it so he could ask more for it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts