Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
starts on Saturday, June 5th. It is one of the, of not, the most famous race in the world. These guys are absolutely fucking nuts to do the speeds they do with solid rock walls not but mere feet from them as they do well over 150mph's..........

http://www.iomtt.com/

there is a video section but damned if it comes up for me.........
http://www.iomtt.com/video/

For those of you with The Nascrap Channel (speedtv).........

Friday, June 4, 2004
11:30 pm ISLE OF MAN TT
3:30 am ISLE OF MAN TT

Saturday, June 5, 2004
10:00 pm ISLE OF MAN TT
3:00 am ISLE OF MAN TT

Saturday, June 6, 2004
Monday, June 7, 2004
Wednesday, June 9, 2004

See June 5 schedule

Friday, June 11, 2004
12:00 am ISLE OF MAN TT
3:00 am ISLE OF MAN TT

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
those fuckers are crazy... i remember going through some mountains one time in my car and i was scared going 25 mile an hour.. **** 150 but hey whatever gets your rocks off???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im going to try and make it over there for next years races Its the only racing event ive seen where the spectators wear protective gear aswell.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, seriously, think of what a little rock that was kicked up at that speed would do to you sitting on the side of the road. or even if someone were unfortunate enough to wreck and the debris that would come flying off. I might just wear my helmet and jacket when I watch it on TV just in case!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i'm with ya on that pen!!! i think i'll be in full catchers equipment and my motorcycle helmet for that televised event

·
Registered
995 Posts
pen wrote
These guys are absolutely fucking nuts to do the speeds they do with solid rock walls not but mere feet from them as they do well over 150mph's..........
its closer than that.. David Jefferies used to scrape the leather off his shoulder going round the walls which were right next to the road at about 130mph

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
it's for XBox its called MotoGP 2 and its pretty fuckin sweet... you can play it live over the internet so that makes it sweet as shit...

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BRAVO said:
its closer than that.. David Jefferies used to scrape the leather off his shoulder going round the walls which were right next to the road at about 130mph
Ya, but david jeffries was no ordinary rider in the TT. The man was a legend and embodied the race at its finest. everyone else looks like a bunch of pussies next to him. but I couldnae imagine scraping my shoulder on anything at any speed much less on walls at those speeds.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's a shame that he's dead now.He died in practice at the TT last year.Jeffries was a great rider to watch.I bought his memorial T-shirt when I was at the TT this year.He is a TRUE LEGEND.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Didn't even have the slightest clue this topic was posted...... thanks PEN! :cheers

Just waiting on those vids now :jump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts