Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not gotten a clear answer on it even searching through the forums. Some say it works and some say its not perfect.... I do see a lot more 08+ for sale but dont want to go through hassle of modifying. Do you happen to know if it fits?

Can you use an '08-16? Shouldn't be that much different and a lot more availability...

·
299 Posts
I have not gotten a clear answer on it even searching through the forums. Some say it works and some say its not perfect.... I do see a lot more 08+ for sale but dont want to go through hassle of modifying. Do you happen to know if it fits?
Sorry, I don't. For fiberglass race fairings though, even if you do have to mod, it should be pretty easy. I'd find a cheap used one and test fit and go from there. The sub-frames can't be that much different. GL

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a SS tail for my 08 that I can test fit on my 07 when I get home since they are both stripped down.

I'll let you know what I find.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Hey Cibber,
That would be great if have some free time! Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry I forgot to update this last night. My 08 tail didn't seem to fit properly on my 06. May be the brand of tail I was using, but I'd recommend sticking with the 06-07 tail to be safe.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I forgot to update this last night. My 08 tail didn't seem to fit properly on my 06. May be the brand of tail I was using, but I'd recommend sticking with the 06-07 tail to be safe.

Thanks for checking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts