Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i installed graves smog block off plates, a new BMC air filter and a Power Commander V (tried both disconnecting and connecting the o2 sensor)

the bike will not idle for the life of it

when i first installed it all i was able to get it running, took it for a ride then came back. Shut the bike off and since can not get it to idle properly. No error codes.

anyone have any clue what could be the issue? i tried a couple of the other maps on power commanders site but didnt make any difference...

·
Premium Member
30,415 Posts
probably b/c you're running overpriced plates and an overhyped air filter. :D j/k... i say that b/c i sling my own plates are that ~60% the cost of the graves, and i also sell pipercross air filters which - based on tests - is the best filter on the market.

your problem is probably the map. someone was just having this problem - genPatton, or something like that - maybe get with him on what, if anything, he did to get it fixed.

good luck!

and for future reference... www.AggRacing.com ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have done some searching, and yes i know people pa for custom maps. sorry for thinking the forum was for sharing your knowledge about the maps. I'm not specially looking for a map if someone wants to share their knowledge about how to adjust the map/idle myself

·
m3lover2
10,495 Posts
Here is a crazy idea.. Maybe you can disconnect the power commander.. And plug the O2 sensor in.. And see if its the PC that is casing the issue, or something else.

If its something else.. Troubleshoot... Then install the PC again.

Im thinking you might of not connected one of the coils back in, or accidentally pulled it off the spark plug..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.