Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kennesaw, Georgia, (October 15, 2010) – Young Benny Solis, Jr. puts in as much seat time as possible in an effort to gain experience and further his budding racing career, and last weekend’s WERA GNF at Road Atlanta gave Solis plenty of experience with winning.

On Saturday of the race weekend Solis competed in the Sportsman Series Final , winning the championship for the Regional run-offs in the C Superstock Expert and C Superbike classes. “It was a fun battle between Hayden (Gilim), Garrett (Gerloff) and me through most of the first race in 600 Superstock,” said Solis of Saturday’s racing, “I was trying my best to play it smart and once Garrett and I got past Hayden I put my head down and led the rest of the race. Garrett was running really strong the entire race and it was a hard last lap but it was a lot of fun!”

On Sunday Solis won the 600 Superstock Expert class, taking home the National Championship in that class. Also on Sunday Solis won the 600 Superbike Expert class which, placing him second in that Championship. “Garrett and I were both racing for the Championship in the 600 Superstock Expert,” reflected Solis, “I knew it was going to be a tough race but my Graves Yamaha R6 was running stronger than ever and my set up was perfect so I knew I had a good chance at the win.” Solis went on to thank Kyle Guglielmetti, Perry Melneciuc and Rick Boyles for their hard work and excellent set up on his motorcycle.

In addition to his sprint race duties Solis made an appearance in Friday’s Four-Hour WERA National Endurance race on the P1A / SE Composites machine along with Ed Sullivan and place second in the Mediumweight class and fourth overall.

=========================================

Graves Motorsports is a leading motorcycle sport bike parts and accessories manufacturer. Graves Motorsports produces exhaust systems, fender eliminator kits, frame sliders, velocity stacks, engine case covers, engine performance and the leading resource for Dynojet Power Commander + accessories. Graves Motorsports has two locations: Van Nuys, California and Kennesaw, Georgia. www.gravesport.com

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts