Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to find a new to me jacket that will be good for these cold days so I can ride more this fall/winter instead of just when I have a random 60F day. For you guys that live where it gets cold, what are you wearing jacket wise to keep warm? I would like to stay below $200 and I don't care to buy used if I could find one on eBay or something.

Everything I've found that I like is backordered or just not available in my size.

Thanks in advance!

·
Just lean harder...
888 Posts
If you really want to stay warm, you need leather to cut the wind. I have Dainese Zen Evo leather jacket that I love. I've had it for a year now and even wore it all summer, I will probly never own a textile jacket again.

·
Vroom Vroom
611 Posts
It probably depends on the quality of the textile jackets. I have been using a JoeRocket textile jacket for the past 6 years and it works Summer-Winter. In the Summer, I open up the vents, and in the winter, I close them up.

No air gets into the jacket once zipped up. Coldest part of my body would be my hands and face. Then again, I live in California. I think the coldest I rode was maybe like mid 40's.

I've been wanting to get the Bilt h20 typhoon suit from Cycle Gear. It has mixed reviews, but it will keep me dry in the rain. I tried it on and it was super warm and cozy.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
dainese santa monica + a hoodie underneath = warm and comfy

face mask helps a lot as well as a beanie underneath your helmet

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
It's all about the layers. Any motorcycle jacket is fine as long as it blocks the wind. If you want to stay warm wear something like under armour cold gear underneath. That, plus a balaclava or something around your neck that you can pull up over your chin makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm looking to find a new to me jacket that will be good for these cold days so I can ride more this fall/winter instead of just when I have a random 60F day. For you guys that live where it gets cold, what are you wearing jacket wise to keep warm? I would like to stay below $200 and I don't care to buy used if I could find one on eBay or something.

Everything I've found that I like is backordered or just not available in my size.

Thanks in advance!
I got a $199 Sedici textile jacket from Cyclegear which has 2 zip in liners (waterproof/windproof and a thermal liner) and of course you can unzip them both and have a good summer jacket as well. I've ridden on 35F mornings with just the waterproof/windproof liner w/o issues (i only ride 5 miles to work). Hope this helps.

·
Vroom Vroom
611 Posts
I got a $199 Sedici textile jacket from Cyclegear which has 2 zip in liners (waterproof/windproof and a thermal liner) and of course you can unzip them both and have a good summer jacket as well. I've ridden on 35F mornings with just the waterproof/windproof liner w/o issues (i only ride 5 miles to work). Hope this helps.
I don't think short trips really count. Your body doesn't start getting called until maybe 3/4ths of the way there. Then you man up for 1/4 of the way and you are there. It's the long trips that kill.

First your fingers, then you get a runny nose. Followed by ears so cold they hurt. Then you have to deal with that for 20 more minutes. And the faster you go the colder you get so you tuck in and use the engine to heat your hands.

·
My bike hates me
776 Posts
I wear my Slednecks jacket. But my bikes also parked for the season. And theres over a foot of snow on the ground. BRAAAAAAAP!!

·
My R6S beats me!
14 Posts
Year round rider here, except for when it's wet. And being that I live in the foothills of North Carolina, I get it all! In the fall and winter months, where temperatures in the mornings can be anywhere from 25-45 degrees Fahrenheit, my outfit consists of the following:

Balaclava
Short sleeve polo (work requirement)
Long sleeve shirt
Textile jacket (vents closed)
Gloves
Sweatpants
Jeans

And the obvious but unmentioned stuff; helmet, underwear, socks and shoes. An anti-fogging visor is definitely a key component of winter riding as well.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
A* Verona jacket

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
get you one of these

1 - 15 of 15 Posts