Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my bike, TRYING TO PARK! IN MY OWN DAMNED DRIVEWAY! :hammer

I usually park on the right side of my driveway, but as I got home from school this afternoon, I decided that I'd park my bike on the left and repark it in the evening. Well, needless to say, as I was backing up tonight to repark, I turned the bike to go right, added some throttle, and while on an incline, i let off the throttle. As gravity, most of you know, would have it, my bike began to slowly fall to the right. I tried to use all my strength to not even let it touch the floor, but it did. Nothing drastic happened. Just a scratched right rearview mirror as well as the right frame slider. BOOOO.

·
Registered
281 Posts
:cuss dude i know your pain!
last winter i had my bike parked in front of my jeep under the carport. well one morning i went out in the bitter cold to warm up the jeep. and being sleepy and groggy as i was, i forgot to take it out of gear before i let out the clutch...well the jeep lurched forward just enough to hit the bike and tip it up and just barely over the balance point. all i could do was watch in horror as it, in slow motion, fell over on the pipe side. :cuss
talk about stupid ass things to do. because of how cold it was all my plastics were very brittle and some snaped in pieces. ugggghhh....

lesson learned: find a friends garage to keep it in for winter. damnit

·
Registered
261 Posts
I feel you, about a month ago I was making a U-turn and instead of keeping my feet down to catch myself if i fall side way i kept them on the pegs. I accidently hit the front brakes to hard and I start falling to the right, i put my foot down but it was too late. the bike was leaning too much with a full tank of gas. I tried hard with all the power i had to not let it fall but i couldnt, so i just let it down very gently on the ground. LOL i step back and coudnt just let my baby lay thier in the middle of the road. Out of no where i get some HULK strengh and i pic it up off the ground. The only damage the bike had was a hair line scratch on the stock exhaust :D

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
im still not sure what would be worse, dropping my bike while just trying to move it or going down while actually riding. but i feel your pain either way. glad to hear it didnt get your bike to bad :cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
even worse= watching it fall with someone besides you on it. Happened to me, I let my dad borrow my bike since i wasn't able to ride one eve. While backing it out of my garage, down an incline, on white rock his foot slipped in the rocks and down it went. Luckily no big scratches though. That's the last time i let him back out my bike or even his. Live and Learn. :stupic

·
Registered
8 Posts
I almost dropped mine just 2 days after I collected it - thought I'd practice some u-turns (just passed my test) except these bikes don't turn like an ER5 does and as the speed dropped, the bike almost did the same :!:

I managed to catch it high and keep it upright with all the strength in my leg.

I would have cried like a girl...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I dropped mine the day I got it (after 60 miles) and it took me a week to even figure out what I had done... Turns out, i was exiting my gravel driveway and making a right onto the street... With the wheel cranked all the way right, i couldn't give it gas to pull it out of the turn. Came out of it with a small scratch on the pipe and a scratch on my upper faring under the headlights. -tear- I did learn something out of it though....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.