·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
:sing

California Gov. Signs Bill vs. Aftermarket Pipes
Bryan Harley
Bryan Harley
Cruiser Editor |Articles |Articles RSS |Blog |Blog RSS

Yes, Harley is my real name. And no, there’s no relationship. But I do enjoy riding Harley-Davidsons, which comes in handy as the Cruiser & Custom Editor of Motorcycle USA.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
although I don't know if a thread was made...

AWWWnold :nono

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
so last i heard this only effects bikes made after the year 2013.....right???

·
Wanderer
774 Posts
From the way it is written in the article it appears so. It all depends on how it is written in the actual bill though.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
not the end of the world. I know a few manufacturers already have high flow cat's that meet epa guidelines :) They are barely down on power also and it's not enough to where you would even tell or notice the difference. Not too mention in Europe people have had this forever and buy the slipon that is epa approved and then they buy the ypipe that isn't or the headers that are not. Also exhausts forever now have been for off road use only and technically illegal for years.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Ride old bikes. Problem solved.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well as stated its always been illegal but just now being taken serious. I guess we should all expect this to happen at some point in time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
if you look in the article of sport rider. it says that it will only make motorcycles manufactured AFTER 2013 part of this new law... and also it says that they cannot pull you over for just that reason alone. citations for this violation can only be givin if the motorcyclist was pulled over for another reason. however, they can make up reasons to pull you over, but most likely they wont even care about your exhausts.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts