Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and still counting since I've been on my bike. :comp

I have to housesit for the parents for a total of 9 days and only get to drive around thier huge GMC Safari van.

I'm up here in Jacksonville Fla and I'm seeing a shitload of harley riders and all the sport bikes I've seen are gsxr's ~sigh~

Is it just me, but the more I see these bikes the more I get tired of looking at them? They are everywhere!!!

Which reminds me of when I went to the dealer last to get my tank bag and there were these three hatians sitting on gsxr's and when one of them was talking to the sales guy, he didn't have any licesne or any kind of id, for the sales guy could check his credit. Sales dude told him to go home and come back when he has a license... poor guy, just wants to be all bling bling like the rap videos.

Anywho...

I wont be able to ride my r6 till Aug 18th... because when I'm done house sitting, I have to fly to Costa Rica for 8 days! :p

Here's some pics of JAX beach/park...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
I've been learning a lot about my camera up here while house sitting.

All I do is take pictures of things in complex lighting situations... with my book at hand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, I live in Jacksonville and yea, there are a lot of Harley riders but there are also a lot of "US". Head down to Tinseltown movie theatre on Thurs nights or Sat Sun mornings. There are a ton that meet up there and go out riding. I went out Sat. w/ about 25 riders for a great ride. You can check out www.ti2x.com for some more info. They are a local riders club and are all about people who just want to come out and ride.

Well hope that this helps.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R6Nole said:
Hey, I live in Jacksonville and yea, there are a lot of Harley riders but there are also a lot of "US". Head down to Tinseltown movie theatre on Thurs nights or Sat Sun mornings. There are a ton that meet up there and go out riding. I went out Sat. w/ about 25 riders for a great ride. You can check out www.ti2x.com for some more info. They are a local riders club and are all about people who just want to come out and ride.

Well hope that this helps.

However, I'm only here in Jax till the morning of the 8th. And then Im out!
I get the luxury of temp living in Naples... ~sigh~

You know of any good places to take photos here in Jax?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unfortunatly I've only been living here for about a month so prob cant be of much help. Sorry. What kind of camera do you have? Digital? Those are some awesome pics!! Wish I could take pictures like that.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

R6Nole said:
Unfortunatly I've only been living here for about a month so prob cant be of much help. Sorry. What kind of camera do you have? Digital? Those are some awesome pics!! Wish I could take pictures like that.
Have you been to the Zoo yet?

Its the Canon EOS 300D aka Digital Rebel
Its a Digital SLR camera with interchangable lenses. I love it!~

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
loki1313 said:
why didnt you bring the 6 with you echoes. i know id be gettin the DTs if i didnt and i was in jville.
It's a 6hr drive from my house to here. And I had to bring things like my new laptop and fishing polls and what have you. Also I needed to pick up a few things my parents had in their attic.

And towing a r6 behind a gutted/turbo charged Corrado used for raceing doesn't seem that easy :hammer

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
echoes said:
loki1313 said:
why didnt you bring the 6 with you echoes. i know id be gettin the DTs if i didnt and i was in jville.
It's a 6hr drive from my house to here. And I had to bring things like my new laptop and fishing polls and what have you. Also I needed to pick up a few things my parents had in their attic.

And towing a r6 behind a gutted/turbo charged Corrado used for raceing doesn't seem that easy :hammer
that wouold be a very good reason, and u cant leave fishin poles behind, to much good fishin to do out there :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts