Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was coming home from my girlfriend's house tonight. I was on Capitol Expressway at one of the stoplights(I believe the intersection was Yerba Buena). Needless to say, an older style toyota corolla and a new year dodge intrepid start revving at me, ME! Need I remind you I'm on the 6. So, I just mind my own business and wait patiently for the light to turn green. As it does, I apply a bit more throttle out of the hole then I usually do, just to try and shut these ricers up. So I go from 0-45 pretty quickly, let go of the throttle and think nothing of it. Then all of a sudden, the unthinkable happens. The corolla did a ricer flyby and hit his hazards. :roll: In my head I'm just thinking "WTF?". That just pissed me off. So I just went full throttle and passed these bitches like they were standing still. In all honesty, I didn't want to stoop to their level, but alas, I did.

I love racing the shit out of my bike; usually, I try to pick on something worth killing (i.e. supra, vette, cobra), but those are hard to come by.

Oh well. My bike was hungry tonight anyways. The main entree: rice. :mrgreen:

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
I agree, in fact I've gotten tired of this. I mean I don;'t want anybody getting hurt etc. etc. (including myself) so when I do come across with these kind of peeps at a stop lign/sign revving their cars to initiate a challenge. I just rev back and just do a slow acceleration at take off, letting them go hella fast as they can with their riced cars.....them not knowingly, i'll pull in the clutch, rev it up to 10k+ and just blast off to
50 on 1st & go up to 70ish on 2nd...bye bye.... :boob

·
Registered
783 Posts
My favorite is when you get a car that can barely do 70mph, almost blowing it's engine trying to pass you. And you are already doing 5-10 mph over the speed limit.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Last night a hillbilly in a primered long bed Chevy, with a tach on the dash, ask me "Hey is that thing fast?"

I said "If you want to find out put some money on it or else it ain't worth it!"

I still gave him a little taste as we pulled away from the light. I have to stop that though, you open the throttle then realize your doing 85 on city streets[/quote]

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
what i would've done is when he did the ricer fly by. I would've went next to his/her car, and drag by fingers along the cars fender and then give him the universal sign as i pull away. All he/she will be seeing is my taillight and my finger

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
you should've kept trying to race him at the lights. just keep nose to nose with him. hopefully a cop will pull him over, and if the cop pulls you over, just say you were minding your own business and the car kept harrassing you, and you just didn't pay any attention to it. the cop would have to be either a dick or a dumbass to know that mc accel > cage accel.

·
Registered
372 Posts
dizam- wuts up with the eastside. i was on capitol expressway- at senter- right next to andrew hill at a stoplight minding my own business while these kids in a van next to me kept harassing me to do a wheely and all that shit- they were doing the hand motions and everything. i just looked straight ahead and minded my own business... green... go.... all of a sudden these kids in teh dodge caravan are trying to race me..... at that point i was racing for my life b/c i don't know if they're gunna do something stupid and hit me...... damn eastside kids.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I eat up all kinds of rice over here, Hondas, Subarus, neons, acuras, etc.... My favorite ones are the ones with the potato peeler glued to the trunk. Damn wanna be fast and furious posers.

·
looking for more curves
1,881 Posts
I had an Intrepid try racing me as I was going down the road. I left the 6 in 6th and rolled him up to 90 then backed off; seeing that I had just begun riding and with only a permit it was possibly one of the dumbest things that I had done. :roll:

The flashers are to "signal' the winner.

·
Registered
783 Posts
The funniest thing happened to me the other day. I was riding down a side street, just cruising along in 3rd gear. With the aftermarket D & D the 6 screams. Well this exact replica of a fast and furious car pulls up beside me, jumps the car a few times and takes off, I give the 6 enough juice to pull up beside this jackass and back off a little. This guy hauls ass in front of me, swings over into my lane at about 65 and then trys to make a turn into an apartment complex parking lot. TRYS is the key word. The entrance wasn't wide open, there was a big brick sign in between the entrance and the exit side surrounded by bushes. The car can't slow down in time so he trys to slide/drift through. Nothing works and he slides right through the entrance, through the bushes and hits the brick sign. Jackass never made the turn. I was rolling. I could see the guy was alright when I drove by, he didn't hit the sign real hard, but enough to dent and scratch the shit out of his bumble bee in a coffee can. I guess they never learn, don't f$#k with the 6!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
my favorites are the douches in WRX's who got a gretty on and think they can smoke me on my RR....i had some douche bag run up on me at a light and proceed to rev up his little AWD motor so i do the sensible thing and start bangin my shit off the revlimiter....if any of you have ever heard a jardine on a 600RR then you will know that you can hear it comin from over a mile away just a screamin....so the light turns green and douchy drops it and takes off 500 ft to the next light, so what do i do???? I let him go and casually take off, seeing that there is nothin but redlights for the next 10 intersections i'm in no hurry, and roll out a huge stoppie right by tha douche bag....his jaw hits the floor and i just shake my head and laugh at him....silly ricers they'll never learn that everything on the road is inferior to our 2 wheels of fury....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I drive a 500 horsepower 03 cobra, And I wouldn't try and mess w/any bike stoplight to stoplight. I would get my rear kicked. When my friend was driving my 6 home from the guy I bought it from, he wasted me multiple times. From 130 to 160 I caught him though, and I was pulling him like crazy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
04areSix said:
The corolla did a ricer flyby and hit his hazards.
Can someone explain this please? Is this to show who the winner is? I'm not familiar with the lingo.
Ahh the ricer flyby. Everytime I race one in my Cobra they do this. They will cat and mouse w/ me through traffic, but when I get along side them when it is open they back down or try to get into the thick of traffic again so we can "chase" each other. If we ever do go head to head, I usually waste them, and then after pull on them by sever bus lengths, I let off to maintain a sane speed while they still have their foot planted on the gas and whizz by me doing some ridiculous speed their little fart can was never supposed to see. That is the "ricer flyby."

Hitting your hazards as you go by someone is the universal sign you won a street race so the people watching and betting know who won the race before you get back to the crowd.

·
Registered
784 Posts
cobravenom39 said:
04areSix said:
The corolla did a ricer flyby and hit his hazards.
Can someone explain this please? Is this to show who the winner is? I'm not familiar with the lingo.
Hitting your hazards as you go by someone is the universal sign you won a street race so the people watching and betting know who won the race before you get back to the crowd.
Thats why our 6es don't come with hazards .... they know we will win em every time :boob :cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
cobravenom39 said:
I drive a 500 horsepower 03 cobra, And I wouldn't try and mess w/any bike stoplight to stoplight. I would get my rear kicked. When my friend was driving my 6 home from the guy I bought it from, he wasted me multiple times. From 130 to 160 I caught him though, and I was pulling him like crazy.

I also have a stout 03 Cobra, I smoked a late 90's gixer 600 from a second gear role. The guy couldn't believe it . It was great! I havent ran an R6 yet thought.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You Can probably drive, though. I can't figure how to launch this thing w/steeda bushings, full subframes and 315 nittos on a 10.5" wheel. I have only had it 8 months, though, and I'm still learning.

Only had the 6 for a month, and I already had to put it away for the winter. Damn Chicago weather!

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
cobravenom39 said:
man i hate to say it but with 500HP on a cobra you shouldnt be gettin stomped by a 6. it should be close but defenitly not a stomping

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Cobra weighs about 3850 lbs w/o me in it. About 4000 w/me in it. It is a tank, and from a stop it is hard to comete w/ a 320lb 105 hp land missile. From an expressway speed roll, forget about it, The Cobra wins.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.