Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after riding the bike a ton now, I realized that its just not possible for me to push it in the RPM range it wants to be in. At that point im speeding so much over the speed limit that i have to slow down. I to this day have not even felt 3rd gear at 13-16.5k range and that sucks cause I really want to. We have so much construction going on here on both the highway and roads that a typical day of riding is about 25-30 mph with a lot of stop n go along with being cut off by people trying to sqeeze out of their lane because the guy infront is making a left hand turn. It actually pretty boring guys!!! With my helmet and jacket and the pure humidity and car exhaust heat its about 115 degrees and all this im going no faster then 30 mph!!! Only time to enjoy a ride is at night, but at that time is cops galore. Im really bumbed about that!!!

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
You have to find better roads for your rides. You sound like you are describing your commute to work. If so, they are usually not much fun- join the crowd. However, you can't tell me you don't have back roads and such that your can enjoy the 6 on weekends/days off/ night rides. You sound like you need to try harder.

·
my ninja 250r eats me
238 Posts
So after riding the bike a ton now, I realized that its just not possible for me to push it in the RPM range it wants to be in. At that point im speeding so much over the speed limit that i have to slow down. I to this day have not even felt 3rd gear at 13-16.5k range and that sucks cause I really want to. We have so much construction going on here on both the highway and roads that a typical day of riding is about 25-30 mph with a lot of stop n go along with being cut off by people trying to sqeeze out of their lane because the guy infront is making a left hand turn. It actually pretty boring guys!!! With my helmet and jacket and the pure humidity and car exhaust heat its about 115 degrees and all this im going no faster then 30 mph!!! Only time to enjoy a ride is at night, but at that time is cops galore. Im really bumbed about that!!!
maybe this is what you need.

Attachments

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
When I ride to work I take the back roads. Hot? Come see me down here in South Texas and wear your gear. :) I wear mine every time out it is hot hot hot.

Would look and try to find some back roads to ride on.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Can't tell from the title but if you mean Chicago you need to get out of town. Take it to the track, Blackhawk farms, Road America, The Autobahn. Go riding in rural Wisconsin, some great roads to be found there. Head over the Mississippi, nice riding around Galena.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
Are you serious? I live in north jersey and basically could swim across to nyc so i know if you go a little further out from the city you have PLENTY of roads to rip and I doubt chicago is much worse than nyc.

·
Registered
552 Posts
+1 on getting outta the city, the only time i ride in the city is when i have to, out on some long country roads is where all the fun is, just gotta watch out for deer and other animals, but atleast the cops are hard to find if you go to the right places.

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
downtown chicago is pure hell, u must be joking me to even try and have ANY fun there...unless is friday or saturday night, when pple hit up clubs, u can get so much ass down there with a bike lol
go out to galena, lake geneva, those kinda places to ride...suburbs and all that...downtown is boring to ride trough, so many lights, and now every light has a camera pretty much so ure bound to get a few mail in tickets for your humidity fun

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, if you're looking for some nice open roads, come up by me, I'm about 10 minutes from the WI border. I'm new on here, and just started riding this year, and am looking for more people to ride with. I'll post pics of my bike soon and make a formal introduction, but my name's Holly. Let me know if you'd like to ride sometime, there's some awesome roads up here. Went all day on Sunday, open roads, lots of curves and twisties, no cops or congestion! It was perfect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts