Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know... I took my bike's 1000 mile virginity. It feels good a broken in now. It's an odd feeling, your first break in. AHHH

-Solace

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Open her up and have a blast! Be safe and make sure if you are going to be flying around, try to keep your tires warm. They don't stick very well when cold!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Penfold... will do. I have opened her up a little and it's funny how you can feel the difference in the mechanics after it's broken in compared to when it's not. It seems as if it wants it now, which I am in the mood to give it what she wants. So, in keeping in safe measure, I will take advantage of this week of warm weather... thanks...

-Solace

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am almost there. I can't wait to unleash the fury! I almost want to go ride in the rain to get closer to 1000.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. Did I mention I get better gas mileage. 20 more miles to a tank now to be exact... so break her in quick if you haven't, it's awesome!

-Solace

·
Registered
504 Posts
My gas mileage went to shit after I was able to run the needle up the tac and keep it there. :burnout

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope... I just don't run mine very hard. I didn't in the first place. And... X, if I had a leak then, wouldn't it be worse now? HAHA, yes yes. But, anyways, I take it to about 10 or so once a ride, but other than that I shift at around 6-8 thou. So, I'm getting good gas. And I cruise at around 4000 to 5000 rpm, so I don't run it very hard when cruising. I bet that's most of your guys' problems... cruising around town at like above six. I know they can do it fine, but I choose to have the gas mileage. And if you're tempted to say "You're bogging down your motor" don't, because I'm not and I know what that feels like. Any other suggestions though of why that might be bad (cruising at 4-5 thou RPM), I'd be all ears. And even then, I can still crank it at anytime, and leave behind anyone I want to (other than exotics and alike). So, I'm content with both... cruising and the mileage.

-Solace

·
Registered
293 Posts
yea that is what i do too. unless i am riding with my buddys and we are flying around.

i guess i dont really even keep track of my mileage, i just go until the light comes on then fill it up.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The engine was made to redline at 15,500 running it at low rpm's all the time will carbon up your engine and then it will run shitty and you will have to have it cleaned out. I personally don't ever run lower than 7,000 in traffic because if anything happens where I need to get out fast I want to be as close to the power as possible. Just my .2 take it for what you will

:cheers

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Gas mileage cannot really be compared, I gave gotten as much as 145 and as little as 96 til the light comes on

Depends on how you ride.

P.S. HOW MANY MILES DOES EVERYONE GOT ON THEIRS?

jasamb: 12,020

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pushing 1k on mine but the weather is horrible. New exhaust and I can't ride.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey JL, I never heard of carbon build up when you dont redline your engine? Is this true for all engines? if you could go in more dept about this topic, i on behalf of everyone else would surely like to know.

go on and educate!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts