Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
An SUV ate my R6
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 04 R6, I have to travel to St. Pete (couple hundred miles from miami) to pick it up and ride it back.
I bought an IXIL undertail exhaust, and a PCIIIusb to adjust the fuel map, my problem is no one has come up with the right fuel map for that exhaust. Will i kill the bike if i put the exhaust on before i get the right map (there is a shop in miami that will make a custom map for me but i wanted to put the exhaust on before I rode it back. I just don't want to ride a couple hundred miles with my engine runninglean cause i am sure i will kill something....any opinions


If you got lost my question is install exhaust before i ride it back or after when i take it to get dyno tuned with the right fuel map
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
kieron said:
I just bought an 04 R6, I have to travel to St. Pete (couple hundred miles from miami) to pick it up and ride it back.
I bought an IXIL undertail exhaust, and a PCIIIusb to adjust the fuel map, my problem is no one has come up with the right fuel map for that exhaust. Will i kill the bike if i put the exhaust on before i get the right map (there is a shop in miami that will make a custom map for me but i wanted to put the exhaust on before I rode it back. I just don't want to ride a couple hundred miles with my engine runninglean cause i am sure i will kill something....any opinions


If you got lost my question is install exhaust before i ride it back or after when i take it to get dyno tuned with the right fuel map
I never did get a power commander and mine still runs fine. I would like to get the pcIIIusb and map it to get it perfect though. BTW 22,000 miles with out the power commander.

And I guess one of the 2 people that have it ( u and I) will have to pony up the bucks and pay for the dyno and mapping. So let me know when you get the map so I can buy the power commander!!!! Make sure you get the disc of the map :mrgreen: :lmao
 

·
An SUV ate my R6
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
qbensis said:
kieron said:
I just bought an 04 R6, I have to travel to St. Pete (couple hundred miles from miami) to pick it up and ride it back.
I bought an IXIL undertail exhaust, and a PCIIIusb to adjust the fuel map, my problem is no one has come up with the right fuel map for that exhaust. Will i kill the bike if i put the exhaust on before i get the right map (there is a shop in miami that will make a custom map for me but i wanted to put the exhaust on before I rode it back. I just don't want to ride a couple hundred miles with my engine runninglean cause i am sure i will kill something....any opinions


If you got lost my question is install exhaust before i ride it back or after when i take it to get dyno tuned with the right fuel map
I never did get a power commander and mine still runs fine. I would like to get the pcIIIusb and map it to get it perfect though. BTW 22,000 miles with out the power commander.
thnx for the reply yeah i put about 3k miles no PCIII, installed pciii loaded another slip ons map to see how it does, lost top endpower but its running fine...once i get the intake stuff though.....v-staks and filter i will get it custom mapped
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,552 Posts
You will be just fine running just the exhuast and no PCIII.

Honestly I would say save your money until you get some more mods. LIke say V-stacks, BMC race filter, and the Graves Slide stop kit.

Then when you get ALL the mods you want, then get your custom map made, that way you don't have to keep paying for new ones.

And don't be surprised if you don't gain anything HP wise, high mounts already lose around 1 HP and that twisted bunch of pipes presents a bigger restriction than a high mount.
 

·
An SUV ate my R6
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i cme to same conclusion...see above v-staks n bmc are beeing shipped now......slide stops, one more thing to add to list
 

·
An SUV ate my R6
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
z31maniac said:
The slide stops with the fuel pressure booster will help you get back some of the top end you are losing with that pipe.
:cheers

fuel pressure booster



you work for bike shop cause you are damn good sales man hehehehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,552 Posts
Nah man I just love bikes and everything to do with them. I do have a couple of hook-ups for parts, I'm about to set up another GB for 520 conversions.

I am a huge car guy too, once I get the bike paid down a little, I'm going to start looking for an '86-'87 Grand National.

I love turbo's.
 

·
An SUV ate my R6
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
z31maniac said:
Nah man I just love bikes and everything to do with them. I do have a couple of hook-ups for parts, I'm about to set up another GB for 520 conversions.

I am a huge car guy too, once I get the bike paid down a little, I'm going to start looking for an '86-'87 Grand National.

I love turbo's.
i'm in for 520 just let me know when...probably have to shipp it to PR though...moving next month
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I have an ixil exhaust on the way for my 04...will I be able to run it without it being to rich or lean??? Will I need to remap it?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top