1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MotoGP Groupie
157 Posts
I love the one that I have YEA!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The only problem I have with that is you have to ditch the rear pegs.
My wife would never let me do that because she loves riding too much.

Other than that, I think it looks sweet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just confirmed with the retailer that you get to keep the rear pegs. It's just not showing in this picture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any chance those would fit a 2002 r6

For some reason i cant find any underseat exhaust... And its not for cosmetic apperance, i want that style exhaust so if and when i go down, i wont have to buy another exhaust... but i do want to retain the rear pegs so that my girl can ride

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Indy Superbike is the only dealer of Ixil.....I got an up close look at em this weekend and they look to be good quality and construction, I'm not sure about the sound but they do look sweet....you might want to give them a call and talk to them about having it for the older bikes....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think i might give them a call...

And i checked that link and i didnt see any tutorials or suggestions in how to do it yourself.... i may just call indysuper bike and buy a 03 kit and modify my bike to make it fit

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
turboej7 said:
I think i might give them a call...

And i checked that link and i didnt see any tutorials or suggestions in how to do it yourself.... i may just call indysuper bike and buy a 03 kit and modify my bike to make it fit
Ru plannin on gettin a full sysytem??? If so then you'll have to get some custom fitted headers cuz the diameter is different where the headers connect to the slip-on on the earlier years then the 03 and up...

·
Registered
7 Posts
well i have a cuttin torch and welder... if needed i will just take the stock header and cut/weld it to the aftermarket and attempt to port match it as much as possible... I was hopping i wasnt gonna have to do it... but if they are different, i will just do that. I just have to make sure the rider rear pegs are still there for my lil lady...

Anybody know of some good heat reflecting material to put underneath or does some come with the pipes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am going to try and see if they'll take extra money for the carbon fiber canisters instead of just polished.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I love my Ixil. I bought it from Indy a little over a year agoand I did
have clearance problems too. I had to remove the rear hugger
and tighten the rear spring to 2nd to last notch to keep it from bottoming
out on the tire. I am a few days away from taking everything off and
converting it to a track bike only but I am keeping my exhaust damn it.
My buddy keeps trying to get me to sell it while it looks good but I can't.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
If your making it a track bike, I would change out the exhaust.

1. So it doesn't determine how your rear suspension is set-up, cause unless your drag racing, that is WAY too much preload in the rear.

2. With an Akra or Arata or Graves you would make alot more HP, high mounts alone kill 1-1.5 HP, I can't even imagine how restrictive that exhaust is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.