Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just got a new 2008 R6 and my first mod is safety equipment.
The problem is... where I live, the sun is hot!
Temp are 28-35 C all around year.

I'm looking for a good protection jacket that "keep you cool" inside :nocontrol.

What is the best brand/type of jacket to get.

Must not be a racing jacket, will be for daily drive.

Thank U,

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
imho, get well perforated leather jacket

i've ridden in upper 20 in my non-perf leather jacket and it was ok (not cool but bearable) while moving.... stop and go traffic was a killer though, but i think even a t-shirt in such heat would be too hot.....

if leather however is absolutely not acceptable for your region, look into mesh jackets... i'd suggest to look at more expensive models providing not only better looks/style but also better protection/durability....

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a Icon Timax2 mesh jacket and it is very cool in the summer. I ride in 100+ degree heat and it flows tons of air through it. I think pretty much any full mesh jacket should be cool enough for high heat riding.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i live in cyprus and its boiling here in the summer - 45'C. i got an M-Tech mesh jacket, very cool in our heat over here, plenty of air flowing thru the jacket, if its not enough you can open the shoulder vents (zipped) cost about $400 US.

·
Get me back to Texas!
99 Posts
i live in cyprus and its boiling here in the summer - 45'C. i got an M-Tech mesh jacket, very cool in our heat over here, plenty of air flowing thru the jacket, if its not enough you can open the shoulder vents (zipped) cost about $400 US.
Can't find anything about this jacket.. any links? Manufacturer/Model #?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a black Joe Rocket mesh jacket here in Central Florida, and as long as you're moving, it's great. Superb airflow, but with back, shoulder, and arm pads for good protection. Not sure which model it is or how much, because I lucked out and got it at a yard sale for about $20. Talk about a steal!

Turns out they don't make it anymore. It's a Joe Rocket Ballistic mesh jacket.

·
kiwi rider
315 Posts
mate I just got a blaster 3 joe rocket it is leather with sides that zip off with mesh underneath great for all weather and i ridden in this at 30c but still have the extra safety of leather on front and back

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I got the Alpinestars Bionic 2 protector. It's EXTREMELY ventilated, elbow, shoulder, spine, and kidney wraps. It's a MUST for Florida summers...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts