Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an alpinestars jacket a while back, first off, I ordered a medium..when that finally got here, it looked like it'd fit...if i was 10 years old again...so I sent that one back and ordered a large. One of my buddies told me that he was told they should fit so the bottom of the front is just above your belt, and the back is just below the belt? This large fits like that...just still feels kind've small, but maybe I'm just not used to the way they're supposed to fit? Any feedbacks appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
it should feel snug, but not too tight....

They def. shouldn't be too loose, reason being is if you fall you get the best protection when it is snug, if it's too loose it might creep up your back.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Like jmejiaa said it should be snug. I try to get mine as tight as possible without them hurting anywhere when I stretch or move around. Usually this method of sizing works pretty well for me.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
A jacket is like a girl.....You want her tight not loose and smelling good ;)

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha! smelling like exhaust is "good" to me ;) and it is pretty snug...hopefully long enough

·
21,003 Posts

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
I'm 5' 11" and like 155-160lbs...but I've got some long arms, haha
Dude, you're tall and relatively thin. A Large textile should fit you perfectly...it'll probably fit a wee bit loose in the chest, but that's a concession you'll have to make because of your longer torso and arms...a Medium would probably leave you with 'highwater' wrists!

:laugh

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha a medium had the "highwater" effect everywhere. the large should be alright though. thanks

·
21,003 Posts

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
haha a medium had the "highwater" effect everywhere. the large should be alright though. thanks
:cheers

First of all, at least you're wearing a jacket and that's a good thing. Second, it sounds to me like you didn't go out and get the biggest damn back-on-the-block jacket you could get your hands on. It's a pet peeve of mine...I mean, it's a riding jacket, not an old school Starter NY Jets pull-over...y'know?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts