Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really want to put a jardine gp1 pipe on my 05, but every where i look they seem to only make for 06+.... would this be too big of a pain in the ass to do, or would it only require minor changes?

anybody ever try this?

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
i really want to put a jardine gp1 pipe on my 05, but every where i look they seem to only make for 06+.... would this be too big of a pain in the ass to do, or would it only require minor changes?

anybody ever try this?

Thanks
I'm not exactly sure myself, but I have an '05 R6, and I ordered myself a '06 M4 Shorty Slip-on recently, I plan on making it fit somehow, if it won't fit I'll have it welded on.

couldn't find one for a '05 for the life of me. :thumbdown

·
Registered
90 Posts
they will both sound like open header.
oh well, I hate the huge pipe/can running up along side of the bike, I love the shorty style exhausts, so if its extremely loud I guess I'll just have to live with it. :YEA

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TrevorC
oh well, I hate the huge pipe/can running up along side of the bike, I love the shorty style exhausts, so if its extremely loud I guess I'll just have to live with it.
i feel exactly the same, only thing that seems that might get in the way is the passenger peg that connects to the muffler..but im sure it can be cut.

one thing im kinda worried about if i do it is melting the fairings or burning my foot...

·
Registered
90 Posts
i feel exactly the same, only thing that seems that might get in the way is the passenger peg that connects to the muffler..but im sure it can be cut.

one thing im kinda worried about if i do it is melting the fairings or burning my foot...
I don't think you'll have to worry about the fairings, but as far as burning your foot, sometimes I end up accidently resting the heal of my boot on the stock piping right now anyway, so it may pose a problem....not sure though.

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah, i haven't burned my foot yet and i have a modified stock exhaust pipe cut and ported.

worst comes to worst do you think i can just get the pipe welded on without having any bracketing connected?

·
Registered
90 Posts
yah, i haven't burned my foot yet and i have a modified stock exhaust pipe cut and ported.

worst comes to worst do you think i can just get the pipe welded on without having any bracketing connected?
Thats what I plan on doing, if the clamp isn't sufficient enough to hold the pipe on by itself..... then i'm getting mine welded on. :YEA

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm not exactly sure myself, but I have an '05 R6, and I ordered myself a '06 M4 Shorty Slip-on recently, I plan on making it fit somehow, if it won't fit I'll have it welded on.

couldn't find one for a '05 for the life of me. :thumbdown
The gsxr 1000 pipe has packing in it, you should get that one (05/06). Unless you like the straight pipe sound. Not knocking you just giving you a heads up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOq1bMAB9uU

1 - 9 of 9 Posts