Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is my second question, it is getting a little colder so its the time for mods. im torn between the jardine race can and micron. jardine matches my r6 red and black and the micron according to sport rider mag puts out most horsepower and torque than any slip on.

only problem with micron ive noticed is the weight, have any of you guys who have micron's been affected in the corners by its heavy weight. almost 11 pounds.

micron sounds awesome but jardine lightweight is getting to me, i dont know

·
Registered
963 Posts
Between the two, I'd say Jardine every time. Sounds great and looks good too.

I hear the micron's tend to fade in color after a while too, but I'm not positive on that.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I LOVE :love my Jardine!!
I have the RT-one with Race baffle. Look in the thread for sound clips, I have mine in there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
cheetahboom said:
micron sounds awesome but jardine lightweight is getting to me, i dont know
Micron does sound okay......but Jardine sounds freaking awesome. The only can i've actually heard that might sound better is the blue flame. Jardine is gonna be my next can.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
i dont think 1 hp is gonna make a big difference. just pick what you think looks and sounds good and of course what you could afford. if its about horsepower then just go with a full system. for the price of a slip on and just a couple hundred dollars more you could get a full system from hindle.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I have the polished Jardine on my '04 and it is hands down the best sounding pipe of all the one's I've heard, Yosh, M4, Micron, Wolf etc.

Its deep as hell, has a nice burble at idle and SCCRREEAAMMS when you open it up. It's Intoxicating.

I don't think anyone but maybe Rossi could tell the difference between a 5lb and 10lb exhaust in the corners.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Yoda what license plate mounting kit are you using and I did I see LED turn signals at the top of the plate. What stuff did you use?

My license plate is mounted in the left hugger bolt right now, not exactly trick looking but I couldn't stand looking at that nasty fender anymore.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would pick jardine over micron. Here all the guys that run with mircon are bunch of posers. So if i were to pick i diffently go with something different and go with the jardine. or Termignoni

·
Registered
42 Posts
i live in baton rouge louisiana GO TIGERS and i have never heard of jardine until i got on this forum i hav ekthe high mount micron and i love it. as a matter of fact the yamaha dealer i bought it from put micron pipes on the bikes as their custom bike you can acutally but a r6 with micron already on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
MadChild said:
I would pick jardine over micron. Here all the guys that run with mircon are bunch of posers. So if i were to pick i diffently go with something different and go with the jardine. or Termignoni
Why do people with Micron have to be posers? Or just those riders in your area?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
NVmy04R6 said:
MadChild said:
Why do people with Micron have to be posers? Or just those riders in your area?
Micron exhaust in my area are very common with some of the guys that I ride with every now and then. They have helmet, jacket, and some of them would have gloves. But they love to stunt with anychance you give them. IDK that just IMO

Im not trying to bash people with micron exhaust, I would've got them if they weren't so damn common in my area. Seem like most Yamaha here would have that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
man why are yall bashing micron i love mine and for the poser dealseems like you have a chip on your shoulder, cause i dont know what you mean by poser but the hell if i am one.thats like me sayijng you are a poser and i dont even know you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.