Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Real Stunter=KneeDragger
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heading to Jennings for this trackday? It shall be my first trackday, can't wait. Any pointers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will be there also doing my 1st one. We ride the twisties here pretty hard so I am looking forward to the safety of the track and being able to see through the corners. I have a black R6 with flame graphics. My budy has a yellow r1 he'll be in the intermediate class. We will be in the same pit. See ya there!

·
Real Stunter=KneeDragger
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Redflamer6 said:
just looked at the 10 day forcast and it shows 60% rain. That will suck. Anyone done a rainy track day?
are you serious? I knew I shouldn't have registered til I check the forecast...I hate rain..

·
Real Stunter=KneeDragger
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant wait for the trackday anyway, even if it does rain...I have a blue '05 and ill be pitting with my buddy who has a red 600RR and a white 600RR. We are coming up with about 15 other riders too...should be a good time as long as I dont eat it

·
Registered
406 Posts
Redflamer6 said:
just looked at the 10 day forcast and it shows 60% rain. That will suck. Anyone done a rainy track day?
Rain sucks, caught some at Barber last year, but heck, you're still on a track!

I want to get to JGP someday, heard some fun things about it. Not this time though..., RRR this Sat, RAtl 8/4, Barber LED 9/29..., might try JGP late fall.

·
Registered
711 Posts
it is not that bad. just be smooth on the throttle. riding in the rain makes you a better rider. depending on how hard it is raining, jennings has a tendency to puddle up in certain corners. just be prepared to feel it break loose in the rear end. after a few laps, you will know where it will break loose and know when to expect it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looked today it is down to 30% and 90 degrees. Keep your fingers crossed. I will be nervous with the rain but I do believe it will make a better rider out of me. Hope to get some dry laps in though being my first track day.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I have done two trackdays in the rain. You would be amazed of the amount of grip you can still get out of street tires in the rain. Just be smooth and don't flog the throttle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Amazing day at Jennings. We had a huge group about 20-25. Weather started out overcast so it was nice. I continually got faster and better lines through out the day. A guy on the 1000rr said he was running a 1:32 and He only passed me twice. He crashed later and had no plastics left. We had an up and coming AMA rider out with the combined Intermediate / expert group who was just killin it. He was on a beautiful 07 R6. I was extremely comfortable and never had a almost off track experience. My street pilot powers with about 800 miles on them did awsome and am very impressed with them. Did 8 sessions of 15 min. Still have some street time in them. It was so hot in the afternoon that my buddy on his yellow 05 R1 is missing about a 180 degree blister off his left side rear tire. I went through 6 litres of water, 2 rockstar juiced, 5 gel pack energy replacement packs, 2 bowls of rice, and 3 granola bars. I am pretty soar on my left knee and thigh muscles. Planning another one in Early November, work and funds are limiting me til then. can't wait!:thumbup

·
Real Stunter=KneeDragger
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Redflamer6 said:
Amazing day at Jennings. We had a huge group about 20-25. Weather started out overcast so it was nice. I continually got faster and better lines through out the day. A guy on the 1000rr said he was running a 1:32 and He only passed me twice. He crashed later and had no plastics left. We had an up and coming AMA rider out with the combined Intermediate / expert group who was just killin it. He was on a beautiful 07 R6. I was extremely comfortable and never had a almost off track experience. My street pilot powers with about 800 miles on them did awsome and am very impressed with them. Did 8 sessions of 15 min. Still have some street time in them. It was so hot in the afternoon that my buddy on his yellow 05 R1 is missing about a 180 degree blister off his left side rear tire. I went through 6 litres of water, 2 rockstar juiced, 5 gel pack energy replacement packs, 2 bowls of rice, and 3 granola bars. I am pretty soar on my left knee and thigh muscles. Planning another one in Early November, work and funds are limiting me til then. can't wait!:thumbup
I'm assuming you were in the intermediate group. I was in the novice group, my first time on a track. It was amazing, even better than I expected. That guy that crashed his 1000rr was pitted right next to me, sucks to see guys wreck. Congrats on keeping everything in one piece. By the end of the day, I was running consistant 1:44s, which I think is pretty good for my first day. All in all, great experience, cant wait to go again. by the way, that AMA guy on the new R6 was sick, he was carrying so much speed into turn 1 it was unbelieveable..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Waz up Redflamer6. I'm the guy that had you confused at first when i was talking about a blue r6 and didn't know you were the one with the flames. anyways i also had a great time on saturday. might go again next month depending on funds. did any of yous get pics?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rideon6 - I was not in the intermediate group. I feel I was down in the :30's but seems crazy if I was down in the :32's. Like I said I do not know if he had a timer or not. That seems pretty fast for the first day but I guess it is poss. I will move up to inter next time.

BoricuaRSX - Funding is the key for most but I am strapped at work. Looks like November will be my next one. I would do it every week end if I had the money.

Here is a pic.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts