Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I go to Jennings once per year in February for a private event. It's flat as a pancake, but it's fun and has plenty of grip. One caution at Jennings - they are very strict about noise. If you're running an aftermarket exhaust, you may or may not have a problem. My R6 with Akrapovic hasn't had an issue, but my '15 R1 with an Akrapovic exhaust has to have a DB Killer in it to pass. Power for warmers in the paddock concrete pads is iffy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bike should be ready by the first weekend of October, still trying to figure out how to get it to the track. If anyone is coming through Ocala on the way up let me know. Trying to convince my roommate to let me use her car and rent a trailer from Uhaul.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you bike is your ONLY mode of transportation, I would advise against the track. That being said, you rent a truck (haul or other car rental companies) and put the bike in the back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol? yes that is typically how hauling a bike works.. it's much cheaper to rent a trailer than a truck for a weekend.. my car is a hybrid it ain't hauling anything.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
I mean you can install a hitch on a hybrid and rent an open trailer from uhaul for about $15/day. Renting a mini van or full sized van is a option too... bring an air mattress and you have an instant sleep quarters.
Ocala is about 2.5 hours from Jax. Same distance to Jennings though. :(
I kinda touched base with El Duder so let us know firm dates! :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
I should be there in Oct and November. I'm thinking PBIR Sep 23 but I'm not sure.
Nice man. I’d like to ride with you out there! I was thinking about PBIR to get the FMRRA race license so I can race at Jennings in November. I’m near Jax and it is a long haul down there for one track day :( I’ve been down on my zx10 a couple of times. I need a damn enclosed trailer, but my hoa won’t let me park it in the drive way!

·
Registered
285 Posts
lol? yes that is typically how hauling a bike works.. it's much cheaper to rent a trailer than a truck for a weekend.. my car is a hybrid it ain't hauling anything.
Install a hitch and buy a harbor freight folding trailer. I That trailer and bike would not weigh very much. U-haul trailers are on the heavy side. My buddy rented a Tacoma from a Toyota dealer to drive to Alamaba to buy a honda 110 to ride at herrins. It didn’t cost him much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just waiting on brake pads and the bike will be g2g. the weekends of Sep 30 and Oct 6 look good for me, I might try and do both. I'm installing a hitch on my roommates CRV 😂

1 - 20 of 35 Posts