Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a mech. yesterday about my bike cause i wasn't sure what was causeing my bike to do what it's doing, i know it needs to be jetted but one of the shops around here want's to charge $550 to do it :!: but, my bike is poping at around 7 to 8000 rpm as long as i stay on the throttle and pull on through it's not noticeable really but if i'm cruising at this rpm then it kind of does the poping thing. I'm seriously thinking of leaving it alone cause the way it pulls on top end know is freakin :twisted: can't keep the front wheel on the ground in second or third gear, I know the vortex spoket and the gearing has a little to do with this but I'm stumped. Anyway the mec. said that the poping is between the low jet and the high jet this is the poping :?: any advice besides the obvious and spend the $550 to get it jetted

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
$550? WA-WA-WHAT?!!! :scared An Ivan's jet-kit sells for $160. You can pull your carbs off of your bike and have Ivan himself install it for you for around $100, plus return shipping. I can assure you there is no local mechanic that can hold a candle to Ivan. Ivan once told me that he can literally install a jet-kit into an R6 blindfolded. You know what, I believe him. Don't worry, if you have it done, he'll leave the blindfold off :mrgreen: .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$550? WA-WA-WHAT?!!!

that's pretty much what i said when i heard the price, i'm not sure what to do at the moment :poke

·
Registered
586 Posts
I once again have to put in a plug for a flo-commander. When your carbs switch between the pilot and main jets, they can become "unsynchronized" because of the turbulence found in the air box the F-C fixes that by letting the carbs all breathe from the same spot. Next to the 520-kit, the F-C is the best thing I've done for mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts