Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoohooo... Just got my jacket today in the mail. Talk about heavy (with all the armor plating). Black/black/silver/black, match my Raven :hammer

This jacket is full of armor plating and very hard to put on/take off. I know this jacket is supposed to fit you snug and all to prevent wind flap etc. How tight should it fit you. I ordered size 40 jacket, the arms are good length coverage when you grab the handlebars. It fits me like someone pored it on me. I'm thinking if my undershirt is a little thick, I would have a problem with zipping it up. Should I send it back and get one size up or this is how it should fit? Don't get me wrong, it's comforable and I can breath and all but I wouldn't try to put this on after thanksgiving dinner if you know what I mean.

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_supermoto_jacket_page.htm

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
That's a nice jacket. I just purchased the SuperMoto pants to go with my JR Yamaha Replica Jacket.

The jacket should fit very snug, but not uncomfortable. My jacket is a little tough to zip but is comfy once zipped up.

Also the jacket will break in some and loosen up a bit. If your not sure, take it your local shop and ask them if it fits properly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feed back. I guess I'll go ahead and clip the tag off then :mrgreen: Yes, once the zipper is all the way up, it is very cozy. For sure you can use this jacket to bust down doors and stuff. Definetly feel better riding in this jacket, just the thought of going down is scary enough.

:cheers

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Don't think about going down. I was hitting the twisties yesterday, went into a corner a little faster than I wanted to know ( still don't know the road like the back of my hand), I got my eyes looking in the right place and bike just nailed the apex and stuck the corner.

You just have to remember to mkae sure your tires are warm and keep your eyes looking at the vanishing point of the corner, and you would be amazed the corner speed you can carry on one of these things.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I can't stand tight clothes, when I try on riding jackets I have to get a bigger size because they feel too snug to me. My shoulders are too broad. I tried on a Icon Timax jacket in xl and it was tight on my shoulders. I wish they made them with a little more room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts