Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Will work for parts...
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just got my first yamaha (the 2008 R6 in blue) on July 1st. I have owned a few bikes before the yamaha ('03 CBR600RR, '02 Ducati 748, '95 CBR900RR) but never bought one brand spankin' new before.

I plan on having this bike spilt time between the track and the street and i have been trying to ride everyday to just get some mileage on the ODO. Its got 120 miles on it now and im taking it real easy to make sure the motor breaks in properly.

I did notice that a few bolts are really loose and have backed out of their holes... is this a common problem? Or just something the dealer overlooked?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Awesome, welcome to the brotherhood!

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
its a common problem, but on ur first service the deaer will check all your biolts and tighten them up for u

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Hey man, Welcome to the Yami world.

That is not really "normal" per-say. Go ahead and tighten get them all tightened up, and keep an eye out for others to move around.
Sounds like your STealership did a shytty job when the assembled your bike, and just went through the motions. I (personally) would look over and tighten EVERY bolt I could put my eyes on; since you've had a couple come loose. That's why they want you to come in for a 500 mile service though, so that they can "check" on all of the bolts and stuff that can possibly loosen up in that initial 500 miles. (really that is something you can do yourself, seeing how you've had 3 bikes prior to this one)
So, yeah... don't blame it on "yamaha" that sounds more like a Lazy assembler at the Stealership you purchased from.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to good side! The only bolt that came loose was my left end bar. I have about 400 miles on my new toy. Love it! Slowly updating the bike as time goes on. Enjoy her and she will enjoy you! Welcome!

·
Will work for parts...
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah im going to tighten everything up again tonight and keep and eye on things... Does anyone know if a full exhaust and power commander will void my warrenty? I'm assuming yes...

Im looking into getting a MJS Header and then a power commander (as well as a fender eliminator... dear god that thing is ugly...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts