Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be ana R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump! 6 more days for submissions!

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
As soon as I get to a computer I plan on jumping in on this..

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
If you can post a message, you can post your ride. :fact
I'm on my phone, and at work...FACT...
When I get home I'll post it up :beer:

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
As promised, and cauz I've been meaning to.
Year- 2007
Model - R6
Engine Mods - BAUCE Racing ECM flash, Leo Vince Italia slip-on with MJS mid pipe, AGG block off plates, BMC air filter with removable baffle, Motul 300V oil,

Chassis Mods - BAUCE Racing suspension tune, Fresh OEM oil and seals every winter by Me, Fresh Motul brake fluid every winter by Me,

Accessories - Woodcraft frame sliders, Woodcraft axle sliders, Woodcraft Rear spool's, Leo Vince carbon fiber 3 piece engine covers, GPR V4 stabilizer, Puig wind screen, Tec Spec grip, carbon fiber tank pad, Moto Dynamics flush mount signals with factory wiring & running lights, Moto Dynamics programmable integrated tail light with OEM wiring, OEM rear seat cowl,
I'm sure I missed some stuff, but anyway, the story -
My 1st bike was a Honda 550 four. It was old , puke green and loud as all hell, I loved that bike. I rode it to every highschool party I could find and every dirt road around. I eventually turned 16 and got a license and got into cars for a bit ( still rocking the honda ). I was just about 18 when I was offered a trade and cash for my 91 Banshee. Guy had a grand and a 1988 Honda F-H Hurricane 600. I feel in love with it and gladly accepted his offer. I ride it everywhere I could, long trips , short trips, It didn't matter. I eventually sold the bike for a good profit and moved on, this was around 2000/2001.
Fast forward 10 or so years to 2011. I'm now married for 5 years with a 4 year old daughter. I'm at work one day and some coworker planted a seed. He said " hey Nuge, I'm surprised you don't have a motorcycle". Well that was it for me, I took that afternoon off and went to the local stealership ...i mean dealership... lol. I was just browsing around when all the sudden they role out this sweet looking fresh none molested trade-in with 976 miles. It's a Charcoal R6, I imidiatly went over and started looking at it, sitting on it, and yes even a little talking to it. Long story,i bought it without talking to my wife or anyone for that matter. My wife is great, and more under that I deserve, my daughter to. I brought it home and figured it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission on this one.. They love it, won't ride on it but that's ok with me, not ment for that anyway..
I joined the forum and quickly find out some good mods. I visited Anthony Frome BAUCE RACING and become friends with him and a few great people. He flashed my ECM and turned me on to the Leo Vince stuff. In fact I bought 90% of my parts from Ant. I like to do my work myself, it's part of the fun.
I guess that's it, I appreciate any votes and thanks for looking :beer:

Attachments

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for entering NugesR6!!

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts