• Jn72390

Votes: 3 7.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A work in progress...
13,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Below are the contestants for this month's ROTM.

Year: 2007
Model (R6, R6S): R6R
Modifications
- Projector Headlights with 10000K HIDs
- Custom Rossi Replica Fairings (Molded front turn signals) and painted gas tank
- MJS Midpipe
- TOCE Slip-On
- BMC Race Air Filter
- Power Commander V
- Fren Tubo Brake Lines
- LightTech Quick-Release Gas Cap
- Fender Eliminator Kit
- MotoDynamics Integrated Taillight with Sequential Turn Signals
- Auctmart Regular Length Clutch Lever, and Shorty Brake Lever
- OES Frame Sliders
- OES Swingarm Spools
- ZeroGravity Windscreen
- Powdercoated Rearsets
- AGG Racing Blockoff Plates

Here's the story: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184890

This year, I've hit some big bumps with the bike - Bazzaz fried, took part of the wiring harness with it... it was a mess. Finally got the bike up and going, though now I am selling it as I am moving on to bigger, better, things (hopefully). This may be my last month with her, so, I'd like to win BOTM :)

Yamaha YZF-R6

My 2nd R6, 1st was a 99. Sold it a few yrs ago and always wanted one back. Everything is stock mechanically. Just wanted to do a custom looking bike that looks factory designed. Spent 2 months doing all the fabrications and clay/fiberglass/paint work and rode it 400 miles to Road America this weekend for a show. Check out more build pics from this build thread. Why ROTM? B/C everything is done by yours truly from scratch. You couldn't open a wallet and buy it if you wanted to. Everything is one off and there isn't another one out there that looks like it.

Mods:
- custom undertail exhaust (harley mufflers)
- custom tail (subframe & fiberglass shell)
- custom paint scheme

me taking a few laps around road america this weekend

I want to enter the June ROTM!

Year: 2009
Model: R6
Engine Performance Mods:
- Leo Vince Full Ti Exhaust
- 2012 engine with an SS Build by Catalyst Reaction - 122hp
- Modified Slipper Clutch
- Bazzaz system with QS and dual map switch.
- Woodcraft Case Covers
- ECU Flashed
- AGG Racing Block-Off Plates

Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
- Motion Pro Quick Throttle
- K-Tech 25mm front cartridges
- K-Tech DDS Lite rear shock
- Spiegler Steel Braided lines
- Vesrah RJL-XX brake pads
- EBC front rotors
- Woodcraft Rear Sets
- DID RV3 520 Chain
- 14/43 Vortex sprockets
- Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen
- Armour Bodies Bodywork painted Neon Red and Yamaha Blue by MotoGloss Paint.
- Keyless Ignition

Accessories:
- Tank Sliders
- GPR V4
- CRG Levers
- Woodcraft frame sliders
- Woodcraft axle sliders (rear)

I believe I should be Ride of the Month, not because my bike is better, but because this bike has been through so much. From a street bike that I converted over to a track bike, then crashed, then fixed, then turned into a track/race bike that participates in the AFM race series in Northern California. This bike has given me so much opportunity to improve my riding, my lap times, my confidence in myself as a person...it really has changed my life and opened new doors for me. My life wouldn't be where it is today if i still have my CBR track bike.

I currently participate in the AFM series as a Novice, hoping to win a Championship and move up to Expert in the near future and race against the big boys!

I got this bike from my current Teammate. He was selling it as a street bike so I traded him 1 year of any paint he needed for his two race bikes, and 1 year of Crew Chief services at the track (this was before I was racing myself). Well the one year (2012) of me running his team was such a huge success with a Formula 1 Championship along with a #9 plate, that I continued on for a 2nd year in 2013. This year I am racing and am not his Crew Chief but his Teammate.

If I win ROTM, it won't just be for me, it will be for my Teammate Berto as well, as he has helped me so much to get to where I am today.

You can check out my Bike Build here: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159675

Thank you,
Robert

2012 50th Anniversary R6 #775
Year: 2012
Model (R6, R6S): R6
Modifications
- Puig Windscreen
- Motodynamics Integrated Tail (Smoked)
- MJS Midpipe
- Yoshi CF Slip On
- K&N Air Filter
- Power Commander V
- Scotts Steering Damper
- Shorty Levers
- 905 Race Rails
- Flush Mount Front Turn Signals
- Powder Coated Rims
- Vortex 520 Kit (-1)
- Bullseye Vinyl
- Bauce Racing ECU Flash/Custom Fuel Map

This is my second R6, I got it back in February of this year. My first bike was an 01 that I got for $1200 with less than 10k miles lol and got $1500 for it on a trade in (rode for 3 years for free). Anyhow since I got this bike I haven’t stopped ordering parts and it is basically done now, thanks to my good friend who did all the work for me. I don’t know if my bike would win ROTM but I think people enjoy seeing it.

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
Voted. All of them look sweet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts