Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Psalm 23:4
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys ever ride with your friends who own choppers?

So my close friend owns a chopper and I ride to the gym and to 7eleven every night with him. Every time we park somewhere all these ppl always compliment his bike and say how badass it is, and ignore me. If that isnt bad enough they continue to add they DON'T like mine and they only like his. Unecessary comments towards my baby.

On a side note I do get a lot of kids in cars smile and wave at me. :mrgreen:

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
i dont like choppers at all and they probably appear to a different crowd. i can see how sport bikes are hated on because of the reputation we hold.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
I think its the simple fact that there are a lot more harley/chopper bikes out about than ours....and they dont know chrome is:gay:lmao

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts

So my close friend owns a chopper and I ride to the gym and to 7eleven every night with him. Every time we park somewhere all these ppl always compliment his bike and say how badass it is, and ignore me. If that isnt bad enough they continue to add they DON'T like mine and they only like his. Unecessary comments towards my baby.

fcuck that man :rant

that shit would piss me off :lmao

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
i dont like choppers at all and they probably appear to a different crowd. i can see how sport bikes are hated on because of the reputation we hold.
This could be true. It's not like we sports bikers have the quintessential biker movie like "Easy Rider."

But on the other hand look at all the biker gangs they are on choppers. I personally don't know of a sports biker gang on the level of the Hells Angels or The Chingalings?:sing So us having a bad rep is pretty lame.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
no offense, but are we seriously THAT shallow about what bike we ride? apparently, if you need to impress the locals where you ride, you definitely need a chopper. i could care less who likes/dislikes my bike. don't really care if they talk bad about it. ESPECIALLY if those that are commenting are WALKING.

a very good friend of mine rides a harley and he sometimes gets crap from people because it's "only" the 883 sportster.

try this; next time you see a group of harleys, stop and ask if they sometimes dress like one of the OTHER village people... :D

s3aturnr

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
I personal would care less. When they comment like that just come back with a witty remark about them. Some people are just rude inconsiderate a-holes.

I personally like SOME choppers and wouldn't actually mind picking one up for my more relaxed laid back rides. Honda came out with a cheap standard looking one that I think looks pretty badass.

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
I ride with some harley riders every now and then. They are a couple of good family friends. Both over the age of 45. They are part of the reason I'm riding today. It is nice just to go out for a nice cruise with them and hit up hooters or something while we're out.

Edit: Everyone always compliments their bikes more than mine, but I don't care really.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Just remember, sportbike chicks are way hotter then Harley chicks, nuff said.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Is this thread about how to win a popularity contest? :dunce:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ride with my dad and he has a Harley Street Glide.

The first bike I rode was his 2002 Harley Sportster, some days I wish he still had it so I could ride it. Very comfy, relaxed ride and I do like some cruisers (mainly bobbers). I just love how a lot of each crowd, both sportbike guys and cruiser guys, hate on one another so much. Just be happy more people are out on two wheels to increase the awareness of people on motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i'll ride with anybody - but won't "cruise" the back roads just b/c someone else can't keep up. i'll wait at every turn for me, and then we'll all eat lunch.

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
i could care less who likes/dislikes my bike. don't really care if they talk bad about it. ESPECIALLY if those that are commenting are WALKING.
AMEN!!!

I think its the simple fact that there are a lot more harley/chopper bikes out about than ours....
We're just not seen because we're usually a BLUR!!!

:nocontrol

·
Car? What Car?
2,335 Posts
I get more compliments from cruiser riders about my bike mostly because they don't see sportbikes up close too often.

Personally I don't care if people hate on it. I just ask them, "where is your bike?" Usually, they are "thinking of buying one in the near future." I just smile and walk/ride off.

·
iLLWiL EX-MaSteR gRiLLaH
1,331 Posts
'F' em for talkin issshhh!

But to each their own. I personally like choppers as much as sportbikes.
Don't think one will make me cooler for ridin one over the other tho.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts

any of my friends... wouldnt own a chopper. Its just queer. Cheaper just to get custom tshirts screened saying "I have a lil dick and want to convince you otherwise".
Choppers arent "cool", "macho" or even "art". They border on not even being a motorcycle...except the 2 wheel part.
Any douche that has purchased one to ride is a fool. :party

1 - 20 of 44 Posts